H61M U3S3: Video Card Causes Front Audio To Stop Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H61M U3S3: Video Card Causes Front Audio To Stop Working

When I plugin my Gigabyte GT520 video card the front audio stops working. There is no front audio shown in the sound control panel even when I have headphones plugged in. When I remove the video card the front audio works again. I have repeated this several times. What could be causing it?

Re: H61M U3S3: Video Card Causes Front Audio To Stop Working

Does the video card have an HDMI port?

If it does, check/look at your Default output device in Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

It has hdmi which is my monitor connection. The motherboard audio is available all the time. I understand about default device in the sound control panel. You see everything available except the front headphone and mic input when they are plugged until I remove the video card then they show up. Cooler Master M600, H61M U3S3, i5-2400, Xigmatek 120mm cpu cooler, 2x4gb Team G 1333 9-9-24, Gigabyte GT520, WD 5002AALX System Drive, WD1001FALS, Seagate 3320418AS, Plextor L890SA, InWin Mana 134.

Comment

I believe wardog's point is, since video cards have audio capability, and there is no chance it is connected to the front panel audio inputs, if it has become the default audio device, that would explain the loss of the front panel audio when the card is in use.

If you are unable to select the onboard audio as the default device when the video card is connected, something is screwy. You might try uninstalling and installing the board's Realtek audio driver again.

Comment

Thank you. I will reinstall the driver. On a side note, 2 of the usb 2.o ports on the back quit working. This was purchased 2 years ago but not used until this past week. If these issues can not be resolved I will plan on purchasing a new motherboard.

Comment

How do you know they are not working, what devices have you tried to use in those ports?

Did you check Device Manager under USB controllers, to see if any yellow '!' symbols appear, which means a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
              How do you know they are not working, what devices have you tried to use in those ports? Did you check Device Manager under USB controllers, to see if any yellow '!' symbols appear, which means a problem?
              I have plugged headphones and a microphone into them. I checked device manager, no symbols appear.

Comment

Working...
              X