Can't update BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't update BIOS

Hi, I'm having problems updating to BIOS P2.00 on my H87M Pro4. The BIOS freezes no matter what method I use to update.

When I use Instant Flash, it freezes.

When I use DOS flashing, it freezes at Instant Flash screen.

When I use Windows flashing, it freezes at ASRock logo and won't let me get to Windows even after pressing the reset button. I have to clear CMOS to make it work again.

I don't know what else to try. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Can't update BIOS

So you've never had BIOS freezing problems before now?

Some of the ASRock Intel 8 series chipset boards had a BIOS freezing problem that was somehow related to the audio/sound effects used in the BIOS. You can try disabling that in the BIOS, but that does not explain the freezing in the DOS and Windows BIOS update methods.

Instant Flash is the safest method to use.

Comment

My board came with BIOS P1.20 and i've updated through P1.70 with no problems. Everything normal. As for sound, I use my GPU HDMI Audio so I have OnBoard Audio disabled.

Comment

Problem solved. I wrote ASRock Support and they told me to remove all SATA devices (SSD, HDD, ODD) and then use Instant Flash and it worked!.

Comment

That's odd, never heard of that one before, the fix I mean. Thanks for letting us know how this was resolved.

Comment

Working...
          X