ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

This thread is for the official support of the ASUS Z97 motherboard series.

Lots of feature changes over the older platforms - from software, UEFI and aesthetics.

Motherboard Info

A comparison table containing all ASUS Z97 motherboard features can be found here: Build On Incredible With ASUS Z97

Key Features For ASUS 9 Series Motherboards

New UEFI Features

EZ Setup Screen - One-stop location for simple system setup..

The EZ mode screen allows quick setup of storage BOOT priority, XMP for memory, RAID, overclocking presets via wizards, system time, fan control and many more features.

Fan Controls are now far more intuitive with a graphical interface for setting the fan slope with 3 control points (more than enough to configure any fan) in manual mode as well as 4 preset modes. Full PWM and DC support is present on EVERY fan header across all ASUS Z97 motherboards from the Z97-A to Deluxe, ROG and of course the TUF series.

We've also introduced the ability to map each fan to various temperature sensors on the board instead of having all system fans react to the CPU temp only. For example, the chassis inlet fans can be mapped to PCH temperature which allows the fans to react to temperature changes in that region - GPU environment temperatures for example.

A fan calibration routine has also been added to UEFI advanced mode. The calibration routine determines the minimum rotational speed of each fan and then sets the fan slope minimum value accordingly.

With these features, users can enjoy comprehensive fan control with any operating system as no software is required (although we still have Fan Xpert 3 in Windows - more on that later).

Major Software Changes

Graphically AI Suite 3 is the same as the Z87 series but there have been a lot of functionality refinements that take the software to the next level.

5-Way Optimization - Auto Tuning (Mainstream and WS Only)
    Turbo App

Turbo App is the 5th element of 5-Way Optimization. This nifty addition allows us to set dynamic overclocking profiles based upon the application being used.

The advantage of this is two-fold:

Turbo App is simple to use and setup and helps get the most out of each CPU.

Fan Xpert 3
    i) Full fan calibration for each fan connected to the motherboard.

ii) The ability to control fan spin up and spin down response.

iii) Setting lower speeds for fans that can spin at low duty cycles.

iv) Look up tables for each fan to show RPM versus power or duty cycle.

v) Renaming of each fan for easy reference.

Push Notice

System events such as configured restarts, system shutdown or sleep can be set and a message sent to the remote device at a user configured time before the event occurs.

Power supply voltage and CPU package temp warnings can also be set to trigger an alert message to the paired remote device.

Revised Audio deisgn (mainstream)
    Product Page Links

Z97-Deluxe : Motherboards - Z97-DELUXE(NFC & WLC)
    Z97-PRO : Motherboards - Z97-PRO
    Z97-A : Motherboards - Z97-A
    Maximus VII Hero : Motherboards - MAXIMUS VII HERO
    Maximus VII Gene : Motherboards - MAXIMUS VII GENE
    Z97 Sabertooth Mk.1 :Motherboards - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1

Guides

5-Way Optimization User Guide

More guides on their way!

Latest UEFI Updates:

Z97-Deluxe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...it?usp=sharing

Z97 Sabertooth Mk.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...it?usp=sharing

Z97-Pro: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...it?usp=sharing

Z97-A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 05-15-2014, 08:58 AM.

Re: ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Must not be a lot of Z97 owners
    Asus Maximus Hero VII, Diamond R9 290X (ref with G10), Corsair H100i, Corsair 750D, Seasonic Platinum 860W, 2 Intel 520 120Gb SSD RAID0 (boot+games) 2 OCZ Solid 3 60gb SSD RAID0, 2 WD Caviar Black 500Gb SATAIII

Comment

I built a new system about a month ago with an Asus Z97-E motherboard. I'm really diggin' my new PC. It is without a doubt the fastest one I have ever built or owned for that matter. What I am not understanding is the new BIOS (UEFI). I want to dual boot Win 7 and Win 10. The problem is that either OS will work just fine on this machine. Only when set up to dual boot, Win 7 will boot to the login screen and my mouse and keyboard are as dead as doornails. Windows 10 boots like it ought to.

If this is the correct way and right place to enlist help with my problem, I can go into more detail. Perhaps someone else has set a machine similar to mine for dual boot Win 10 and 7. I have each OS on identical solid state drives. I sure could use and really would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance!

Thom

Comment

could you send me a backup copy of your bios? I have updated to version 2.10 and now it does not start. I have a programmer and with the bios that I download from the asrock page I can not revive it.

Comment

In today's date most of the people they used more branded motherboard. If you used it then you know how it is. Basically, I used ASUS Z97 motherboard. It was great but I faced a problem with it. The problem is I faced for this motherboard my personal computer is so heating. And if you want to gather the solution then follow the site, which I suggest. Xerox printer support

Comment

Looking for modded BIOS to support NVME on GA-Z97X-UD5h-BK

As per title - Looking for modded BIOS to support NVME speeds, such as Samsung EVO 970, on GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK?

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Fedora hangs while booting

Fedora hangs while boot, complaining about the hard drives not responding to some query. Is this a known bug? How do I get around it?

Comment

Working...
              X