FX-8320 on ASRock 870 Extreme3 r2.0 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX-8320 on ASRock 870 Extreme3 r2.0 problem

Hi, this week I bought a new processor FX- 8320 .

After installing the CPU computer hangs at random situations.

So I installed HWMonitor and Prime95 to test it .

Without load HWMonitor shows the temperature 33 degrees Celsius on the processor, system 30 degrees. There is another temperature AUXTIN - read the temperature is the power supply section of the motherboard - on Asrock site it is recommended to install fan with top-down blow to cool down surroundings - so I installed an additional fan which is targeted at power sections.

Not changed too much from temp AUXTIN - still shows mostly 128 degrees, sometimes jumps to 50

After running Prime95 - some of the processes she started showing errors :

I read on the forums to try to disable APM processor - I did it in the BIOS - after this Prime95 no longer displays the error - but - when running on 8 threads - after start test set two processes - the errors appeared again. So I thought that the reason for this is the processor turbo. So I fired up CPUZ to monitor the timing of the cores - but showed no jumping on the timing of cores - when loaded 8 shows 3.5GHz on each core, when test 2 threads also cores is at 3.5 - part of the cores sometimes reduced to 2.9GHz.

So I turned off the option trubo CPU in the BIOS. Unfortunately, nothing helped errors appear on.

I observed a strange phenomenon that the temperature AUXTIN - with a load of Prime95 on 8 cores - the temperature dropped to 20 degrees:

after stopping the test again gradually increases.

The CPU temp is 58 celsius after 10 min of prime95 - my CPU cooler is quite big - CPU is on stock - on my previous overcloked CPU max was 45 degrees.

Earlier work on the Athlon X3 unlocked the fourth core - and overclocked to 3.24GHz (240MHz FSB)

My PSU is Redwing Series 580W R3
    bois version is 1.80B (lastest beta from ASRock site)

Is my new CPU is damaged and i should send it to service - or motherboard can't handle it? and i should replace it?

Thx for reply.

Re: FX-8320 on ASRock 870 Extreme3 r2.0 problem

Honestly, IMO, the MB isn't up to the task of powering that proc.

FX's are notorious power hogs. Are your MB's VRM's glowing?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Honestly, IMO, the MB isn't up to the task of powering that proc.

FX's are notorious power hogs. Are your MB's VRM's glowing?
      Thx for answer!

You talk about this http://obcy.net/ht/fan.jpg section on motherboard??

if i touch this it not burn my fingers - it worm but not as much as other NB - i've also change thermal paste on this radiator from foto.

I send CPU to warranty - now i'm on my old CPU (Athlon X3 2.7GHz) unlocked 4 core and OC on 3.2GHz - it's stable - tested on prime95 / occt

Temp on this elements are close to that when FX was running.

Need to wait for answer about CPU - Hope that is'nt my MB - no cash for new for now ;/

Comment

IMPO the board's power section just isn't up to powering a 125w FX proc.

Keep us posted on your progress.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

thanks for your interest

I've got CPU back from warranty service - it's OK - they tested it on some cheap ASUS mobo - it was on havy load for almost two days and there is no error's - thay said that they even try change thermal paste for some cheap one to try it on higher temp - still not errors

So i need to change MB - asrock should change cpu support list for my current MB - even with additional fan it didn't work

On MB there is text "support 8 core cpu" and "140W CPU" - now my new FX-8320 lying on the shelf waiting for a new MB - need to get some cash for it ;/

I think about ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 or cheaper M5A99X EVO - or maybe can you advise some other good and inexpensive motherboard for FX-8320? with some OC potential for it?

thanks for help!

<nav class="row" style="margin-left: 0px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px;">

</nav>

Comment

M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Only thing of caution would be to use your previous CPU before the 8320 to maybe flash the BIOS to one that supports the 8320 and then swap the 8320 in it.

Comment

Working...
            X