No line output found on Asus monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No line output found on Asus monitor

Have some troubles; Here are the specs of a new build. 1. Mobo=ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. 2. CPU= Intel Core i5 3450 Quad core 3.CPU Cooler=Cooler master Gemini S524 4. Memory=Crucial 16GB (8x2) DDR3-1333 5. HHD= Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM 6.Power Supply=Corsair Builder 600W 80 Plus ATX 12V 7. OS=Window 7 Home and Student 8. Case= China made metal (no brand name. two stick LED along both sides of faceplate, ON/OFF push button, reset button two LEDs for power and HD use , two fans with LED lights. History: I had to do an RMA with the original mobo. The replacement seemed to work up until this week. (08/06/2013 to 07/17/2014). Now I began to experience a number of problems. a) trouble with the faceplate on/off switch sticking, reset button sticking. This was diagnosed as do to cheap plastic switch and buttons. Which led to an inspection of wiring harness and suspicion of wiring going bad. So, since the case was old, some new wiring was in order. Now, it was observed that the only way to turn the computer on was to lay it on its side. The it works fine. So I futzed with it trying to find out WTF...Well, I suspected some kind of short but no result. So, I tried to reset stuff and got the
    DrDEBug d6 with 3 beeps. The monitor reads no line output found and turns off. Monitor checks out, but will not recognize the computer I have removed and reseated the memory sticks. I have had two Blue Screens of Death which seem to have cured themselves by a reboot. I am going to replace the on/off sw and wiring but what else to do?? I have cleared CMOS, reset etc. Now I can turn on the machine with the smart button on the mobo but get no output to the monitor. I think the first order is to get the monitor on line then replace wiring and switches. Then what? Appreciate some tech help...
    Last edited by drhck; 07-19-2014, 04:25 PM. Reason: speling

Re: No line output found on Asus monitor

On its side it works?

Hmmm, I'd start by checking all MB mounting screws are snug/tight. Then it'd be off to the races with checking all the power cabling inside is as it should be and not loose in the plugs and or otherwise shorting to open by jostling it in the hopes you find one that is not making a proper connection.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: No line output found on Asus monitor

Here is what I did. I replaced the on/off switch on the faceplate. I cleared the CMOS, I am not overclocking. I read d6 on the drdebug no beeps. I am not using a VGA card but am using the onboard Intel graphics. Another site suggested that the BIOS was corrupted and I needed to "flash the BIOS".

Comment

Working...
      X