Missing BIOS features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing BIOS features

I'm missing the "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" and "Advanced Turbo" in my BIOS. I just put this system together and updated UEFI to 1.33. I know these features were available the first time I accessed the BIOS during assembly and such but both settings are now gone. Now that I've sorted everything out I want to start tweaking the system and would like to utilize these features. Anyone?

Z97 Extreme6 (1.33)
    Intel 4790k
    16gb G.Skill RipJaws 1600mhz 9.9.9.24
    WD Raptor 300gb
    Pioneer BD-ROM
    PC P&C 750w Silencer
    NZXT Tempest
    Noctua U14S
    Windows 7 64bit

Mrfreeze

Re: Missing BIOS features

Originally posted by mrfreeze49 View Post
    I'm missing the "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" and "Advanced Turbo" in my BIOS. I just put this system together and updated UEFI to 1.33. I know these features were available the first time I accessed the BIOS during assembly and such but both settings are now gone. Now that I've sorted everything out I want to start tweaking the system and would like to utilize these features. Anyone?

Z97 Extreme6 (1.33)
    Intel 4790k
    16gb G.Skill RipJaws 1600mhz 9.9.9.24
    WD Raptor 300gb
    Pioneer BD-ROM
    PC P&C 750w Silencer
    NZXT Tempest
    Noctua U14S
    Windows 7 64bit

Mrfreeze
    I have the same motherboard and CPU as you do. The "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" is on the 2nd tab in the BIOS under OC Tweaker. It is shown on page 89 of the motherboard PDF manual. "Advanced Turbo" is right above it, the first item in the OC Tweaker tab.
    Last edited by pmonroe; 07-20-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmonroe View Post
      I have the same motherboard and CPU as you do. The "Load Optimized GPU OC Setting" is on the 2nd tab in the BIOS under OC Tweaker. It is shown on page 82 of the motherboard PDF manual. "Advanced Turbo" is right above it, the first item in the OC Tweaker tab.
      Thanks. I am aware of that. The first time I entered the BIOS I saw all three. Now there is only the "Load Optimized CPU OC Settings". It's blank directly above and below.

Comment

what happen to Z97 Extreme6 bios 1.33 .. should i roll back to 1.30 ?? because it not on the Asrock website anymore.. i just hope 1.33 doesn't have problem

Comment

ASRock would not remove BIOS 1.33 without a reason, although we don't know specifically what that is. We have seen a fair amount of people posting in this forum with various issues while using BIOS 1.33. I have this board and don't use 1.33 and don't have any problems. I'd say it is safe to assume it is best not to use it.

If BIOS 1.30 worked fine for you, then I'd say change to 1.30. I strongly suggest using the Instant Flash method, or besides that the Internet Flash method.

Personally, I use BIOS 1.20, which has worked fine for me, besides occasional issues with mouse recognition when I clear the CMOS/BIOS.

Comment

Thanks. I think I will go back to 1.30 and see what happens. I will post back results.

Comment

I back flashed to 1.30 and no change. I still don't have those missing features. I emailed tech support and hope they have a suggestion or two.

Comment

i also back flash to 1.30 .. testing OC gain ... hehehehehe

did you try to do it window Auto Tune(turn out pretty good) .... try and then go into bios to see if it show up

Comment

Originally posted by godto View Post
                  i also back flash to 1.30 .. testing OC gain ... hehehehehe

did you try to do it window Auto Tune(turn out pretty good) .... try and then go into bios to see if it show up

What is windows Auto Tune?

Comment

Originally posted by mrfreeze49 View Post
                    What is windows Auto Tune?
                    I'm guessing he meant ASRock's A-Tuning Utility that comes with the motherboard.

Comment

yes that the one .. I'm sorry .. it was late night .. :)

Comment

I actually had A-Tuning installed and thought that may have had something to do with the missing features. When back flashing the bios didn't solve the problem I uninstalled A-Tuning. That also did not work. Other suggestions are very welcome.

Comment

MrFreeze, did your board have BIOS 1.30 out of the box? Did you run the chipset installation (INF) program, INF driver ver:10.0.13?

Also, did you install the Intel IME software, Intel Management Engine driver ver:10.0.0.1204? I noticed this note in the description for the IME driver download:

Before installing Intel ME driver, please click it to install Windows Update KB2685811.

That is something new I've never noticed before. ASRock has included this note in every OS version's download page, although the MS update only lists Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2: Download Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 from Official Microsoft Download Center

pmonroe, given you have the same board and CPU as MrFreeze, and I assume BIOS 1.30, does your OC Tweaker screen show the options MrFreeze is missing?

Comment

hello. ive got very similar problem, but its with 4690k and extreme4. it came with uefi 1.0. the 'advanced turbo' was missing, so i updated to 1.3 by 'internet flash' uefi option. still 'Load Optimized CPU OC Setting' is the only option i got in oc tweaker

Comment

Originally posted by zawias92 View Post
                              hello. ive got very similar problem, but its with 4690k and extreme4. it came with uefi 1.0. the 'advanced turbo' was missing, so i updated to 1.3 by 'internet flash' uefi option. still 'Load Optimized CPU OC Setting' is the only option i got in oc tweaker
                              The i5-4690K is also a Devils Canyon processor, so may have the same results in the BIOS as the i7-4790K.

It may be that those options are just not available with Devil's Canyon processors, but only ASRock can tell us that.

I noticed a beta INF file installation progam, which is listed on both the Z97 Extreme 6 and Extreme 4 boards download page, in the Beta section. That might be necessary when using a Devil's Canyon processor.

Comment

Working...
                              X