Annoying Blinking Power light when Sleeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Blinking Power light when Sleeping

Hi guys, I have a Asrock Z87 extreme 4, and a fractal R4 case. I love the blue power button light on this case, and would love to leave it on all the time, but whenever I put my PC to sleep, this asrock board makes the power button light flash. Whenever my PC is sleeping, this light is flashing. Its like a strobe light. Its annoying.

Is there a way for this asrock board to keep the light on when my PC is running, and to turn it off (instead of blinking) when it's sleeping? So far the only option I see is either off, or blinking.

Any ideas? I'm running 2.70 BIOS Rev.

Thanks guys,

Dan

Also, if anyone from asrock reads this, I'd like to see this in a BIOS update. Turn off LED on sleep.

Re: Annoying Blinking Power light when Sleeping

Every motherboard I have ever had, has made the power LED blink in sleep mode. The solution is simple, turn he PC off. Boots in 10 seconds anyways.

Comment

The Good Night LED option is the best you'll get. Some versions of A-Tuning have that option available, you can enable it before you enter Sleep mode at night.

Comment

Yes, this blinking in sleep mode is ANNOYING!!! Especially because blue leds are so bright. With a little bit of DIY there is a solution. Take a 4-pin molex to 3 pin fan adapter. Cut the red wire in the middle. Between the two ends of this red wire put a 1 KOhm / 0,25 Watts resistor (from radio shack for a few pence). Insulate both wire connection at the resistor. Then connect the power led to the 3-pin fan connector (black to -, red to +). Thus the power led only lights when the pc is powered up, and completely off in sleep mode.
        ---
        Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Strategically placed, duct tape.

Comment

Working...
          X