X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4 2,53 with thermal solution

Hello all,

I have a problem with my new PC upgrade
    Recently installed a P4 2,53@533 boxed but when im playing my online RPG i regularly get booted to desktop or my windows XP just plainly reboots.
    I check the temperature in the bios and i see that it reaches up to 53C on the CPU.
    I have a QDI superb4 EA motherboard and i know out of exp that they are quite accurate with the display of the temp.
    I am wondering if 53C is too much for a P4 and if thats the reason my system gets unstable, if so i will have to get a new cooler.

I have a cooler in stock made by SPIRE and a green cooler, cant recall the product number atm but can anyone give me some advise if these are good brands or tell me at what temp my P4 should run?

Thanks in advance

PS: i havent tweaked anything and use kingston 512MB PC2700 memory runnin at 333mhz

The temp is fine but it does sound like a driver error. Go into the control panel/admin tools/ Event Viewer and there you should find what the problem was at each time. When the P4 gets to 75c it will start to "throttle" itself but not restart. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I checked the logs and there nothing logged at the time of these events, now i noticed while doing some design work in Corel 10 the program freezes quite often it is logged but i cant quite make up whats causing the error.

I read the forum regularly and am under the impression that AMD cpu´s in general get hottar than Intel.
      I cant find any reference anywhere about what a good temperature is for P4 (on load).
      I read in these forums that people with OC´d AMD cpu´s like to keep there temp around 45C on load.
      Also all CPU fans i installed or checked have at least 3000-4000rpm but my stock fan only runs at 2200rpm.

Ok whatever the reason, i still have stability problems and cant find out whats the cause, maybe i could get some advise.
      RIG: P4 2,53@533 - QDI superb4 EA - Kingston ddr333 512mb - Geforce DDR - seagate 60gb 7200rpm.
      I run WinXP pro and disabled several services that i dont need
      I havent done any FSB tweaking altho i upped the memory voltage a bit, also i had to manually set the frequency of the memory at 333 because it sticks at 266 by spd.
      Does anyone have any experiance with this particular ram and know how it has to be tweaked (i run it at "normal")

Altho i bought this stuff to have a very fast system (still need to replace videocard) my main goal is to have stability (thats why i dont OC an AMD or p4 1,6a to get this performance).

Thanks in advance

Gideon

PS: if any more details are needed just ask

Comment

Actually P4 heat output is the same as for Athlons and my Athlons get up to high 50C's here (sadly no a/c and high 30C days here lately) but a Volcano 7+ will get you cooler. ;)

Does the motherboard support DDR333? Does running the memory at 266MHz give stability? :?:

Copy and paste the error as someone here may know about it. :)

Comment

Faulting application coreldrw.exe, version 10.410.0.0, faulting module coreldrw100.dll, version 10.410.0.0, fault address 0x00a6abd4.

1hr later

Faulting application coreldrw.exe, version 10.410.0.0, faulting module crlutl100.dll, version 10.410.0.0, fault address 0x00012355.

3sec later

Fault bucket 01329259.

My MB should support DDR333 it says so on the box and it uses SIS645DX chipset

And i put ram back to 266 and it seems a lot more stable but what a waste of money then if its has to be run at this speed for stability. :cry:

Comment

It could just be a hardware incompatibility between the mem & mobo (happens) but what is the difference between your room air temp there and that of the system (not the cpu)? :?:

Comment

Working...
            X