Asrock Z97 extreme 9 cpu idle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z97 extreme 9 cpu idle issue

So i got new mbo and cpu (i7 4790k) and set up all on defaults atm. not interested in oc atm but can't seems to make cpu to lower its frequency in idle. its all time locked on max frequency no matter which options i choose in bios. if i disable turbo boost it will be 4ghz at all times even tho its totally idle. with boost it will be on 4.4 ghz idle or not.... i went multiple times trough every option and tried all i thought it could be. reseted bios also and put all on default didn't help. updating bios also no change. messing with all options still no progress. so my question is how to set up bios so cpu would lowed to 800 mhz when idle as cpu-z says its multiplier is (8-44).
    on some options it manage to jump between 42-44 but never under it.... any tip is welcome. thanks

Re: Asrock Z97 extreme 9 cpu idle issue

In the OC Tweaker screen, set CPU OC Fixed Mode to Disabled.

Have you changed any options in the Advanced, CPU Configuration screen in the BIOS?

Set all the C State options to Enabled, and set Package C State Support to C6 or C7. The Auto setting is not enough to enable them.

Also, what Windows Power Plan are you using? If you use High Performance, go into the Advanced settings and set Minimum processor state to 5%.

Comment

totally forgot power options. i use high performance and it was on 100% there... funny tho on my 2 other pc's all was fine, even tho i set high performance and i'm pretty sure i didn't chance minimum processor values on them...
      thanks

Comment

Haswell processors are controlled by the Windows Power Plan processor power settings more than others. You can change the minimum processor frequency to different values with that setting alone, given the correct ones in the BIOS too.

Comment

Working...
        X