Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A75M Pro4+ Build - No video output, no POST beep

Hi Everyone,

I'm running into some issues with my build - I'm unable to get any video output from any of the ports (VGA, HDMI, DVI) from the motherboard.

My setup consists of:
    FM2A75M Pro4+
    AMD A4-5300 APU
    Hynix 1GB RAM

I'm also not seeing any POST beeps either. The CPU fan, the case fan do turn on and run, but nothing else.

I did find this at one place: Product review of ASRock FM2A75M-ITX mITX FM2 AMD A75 FCH DDR3 1PCI-E16 SATA3 HDMI D-Sub USB3.0 Motherboard
    not sure how relevant that might be.

I've tried 2 different versions of the APU, 2 different motherboards (same model), 2 different sticks of RAM, 2 different PSU's.
    I'd appreciate any input into this.

Thanks,

-R

Re: FM2A75M Pro4+ Build - No video output, no POST beep

Is this while feeding a television, or a computer monitor?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Is this while feeding a television, or a computer monitor?
      This is feeding a computer monitor.

Comment

On the MB itself, to the left of the SATA ports should be a white sticker on the BIOS chip itself.

What's printed on this sticker? It will be the BIOS release/version the board originally came with when new. Seeings you can't enter the BIOS this will inform us of the BIOS version. Or you can use a uttily like CPU-z too while in (?)Windows(?).
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          On the MB itself, to the left of the SATA ports should be a white sticker on the BIOS chip itself.

What's printed on this sticker? It will be the BIOS release/version the board originally came with when new. Seeings you can't enter the BIOS this will inform us of the BIOS version. Or you can use a uttily like CPU-z too while in (?)Windows(?).
          The sticker says:
          FM2A75M PRO4+
          P1.30-15A

Comment

Hmmm........

Three things I'd look for/at.

1. Check that there are no extra/misplaced standoffs under the board that may be causing a short.
            1a. Also check the rear I/O panel filler that one of the "tabs' isn't finding its way into one of the rear i/o ports and shorting there either.

2. Check that whatever heatsink you're using isn't shorting out against anything/anywhere. Front or back of the MB.

3. Maybe should have been 1st, but if you have a friend with some memory that you can test with too. Yea, I read "2 different sticks of RAM" but w/o knowing what two I'd still pursue this as maybe being a memory related issue.
            Last edited by - wardog -; 09-10-2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: "that on of the "tabs'" to "that one of the "tabs'"

Comment

Working...
            X