Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z87-D3HP (problems with wireless, likely related to usb 3.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z87-D3HP (problems with wireless, likely related to usb 3.0)

Hi over the past two weeks since my new build lve had a few different issues.. one of which was blue screen related. this l believe l have tracked to the RAM. basically l was using 2 different matched pairs to take me to 16gb of ram, after removal of my older 8GB (2x4gb) l havent had any further bsod's (that said it took a week before l even received a blue screen error). l had asked questions at a 3rd party forum (sevenforums) who analyzed the crash dumps and while they said my virus software was the cause, another noted problems with my wireless drivers and usb 3.0 ones which would make sense considering my current problem is wireless related (the connection speed fluctuates between 140mbps to 35mbps). suffice to say l upgraded my wireless driver to the latest generic driver for the usb wireless chipset driver which has helped my wireless connectivity a bit as l dont suffer the timeouts l did before (it was much worse before updating the usb drivers), the current version of the Intel USB 3.0 drivers lm using is 3.0.0.16 but the speed problem has persisted despite my signal being perfect (hell the router is not more than a few meters away) also my laptop also gets a solid 130mbps with none on the fluctuations that my PC has. this leads me to believe the problem is related to the drivers. that said l found a post over at the intel community site that seems to possibly link into my issue: https://communities.intel.com/message/243400 that said l dont believe lve problems connecting usb 3.0 devices well not to the front headers of my system in fact when l put my usb 3.0 thumb drive in it works fine and detects (unlike the linked post on the intel community site), its just that my current wireless adapter always worked without issue with the basic windows drivers downloaded via windows update.. however lve tried generic, from the manufacturers website and generic ones for my chipset all still seem to experience the major speed fluctuations while the signal pretty much stays perfect (tho not with as many timeouts now). l did however contact Gigabyte support who recommended l update the bios where l was recommended to flash with bios F14b. but the thing is l looked at the bios page of the downloads section of my motherboard and there doesnt seem to be a F14b bios for my board... in fact bios versions only seem to go from F4 to F7 leaving me wondering if lve been recommended to install an incompatible bios which worries me more because lm not exactly keen on updating the bios as it is due to bad past experiences. suffice to say while l am contemplating getting a new wireless adapter to rule that out as an issue (tbh its worked perfectly for years, only stopped working like usual since l rebuilt the system) but lm worried not only because of being told to update the bios but also if lve been recommended to install a potentially incompatible one as well. that said l will likely use @bios to update within windows, will the fact l have dual bios mean less possibility of problems? that is to say if it was a bad/corrupted flash the second bios will take over as well as copy its content to the main chip? and should l do it within safe mode with networking so l dont have my virus software etc running in the background? as for the reps suggestion, of bios updating should l use F6 or F7? reason l wondered is because the latest bios (F7) is smaller than the previous (F6) bios.

Re: GA-Z87-D3HP (problems with wireless, likely related to usb 3.0)

try f7 see what that does

you can always ask gigabyte to try and test and send you a custom bios to try
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      try f7 see what that does you can always ask gigabyte to try and test and send you a custom bios to try
      it made no real difference.. l dont believe the speed on my wireless is jumping about as much but one thing l did notice is that extra hardware was picked up by windows after the bios update to F7

Comment

what wireless hub you using? virgin media one?

keep in contact with gigabyte uk and ask them if they can test things for you
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          what wireless hub you using? virgin media one? keep in contact with gigabyte uk and ask them if they can test things for you
          lm with Sky fibre, lve also updated my wireless adapter to a TL-WN722N speed is consistent now tho annoyingly wont go over 65mbps despite the adapter being capable of up to 150mbps and the router easily up to 144mbps. the other annoyance is that when l disconnected the adapter to see if there was any differences in speed on my laptop the damn system gave me a BSOD, tho l shared my mem dumps over on another forum and they also noted my usb drivers are annoyingly still flagged within the mem dumps (lm using the latest driver provided by gigabyte).

Comment

Working...
          X