FM2A88X ITX+ board huge bios issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A88X ITX+ board huge bios issues.

So I am using the board above and until recently used the 7850K APU on that socket. Everything ran fine until I decided to update the bios to 2.40 .

That's where it gets messy.... I'm using a dedicated graphics card, an Nvidia Geforce 750 Ti. The system will boot JUST fine and everything looks alright...but very irregular the graphics driver will now randomly crash.

I reverted back to Bios 2.1 and that fixed it.

But here is the problem...I wanted to exchange the APU for the 860K (which I now did)...this one REQUIRES Bios 2.40. So I figured it might have been a problem with the APU together with that bios...NOPE.

It didn't take 30 minutes before the driver crashed (blackscreen for 3 seoncds) and had to restore itself. One would think that a board that costs 100ish$ would not have such a weak bios.

I also figured that this might have been a problem with my own board and that it was just faulty... but after reading new reviews on the site that I bought this board on I no longer think so. A review of a customer stated the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS as mine.

Is there any known fix to this OTHER THAN REVERTING BIOS because quite obviously I CANNOT revert since I want to use the 860K.

And before you ask why I want to use a CPU that is essentially the same...I want to give the APU to my family so they can use it for a home theatre PC.

I also already used different RAMs (2x4GB Corsairs and 2x8GB Team Vulcan)...that didn't change a thing. If I used the APU GPU with 2.40 it even went as far as giving me redscreen crashes or full freezes. Something must be hella wrong with bios 2.40...so...what do I do here?

If there is no known fix...can I just return this board and demand a refund on the sole reason that it doesn't support hardware properly that it HAS to support?
    Last edited by Shehriazad; 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM.

Re: FM2A88X ITX+ board huge bios issues.

Hi,

Did you disabled the onboard graphic card ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bb27k View Post
      Hi,

Did you disabled the onboard graphic card ?

I just disabled that and core c6 state about an hour ago...currently waiting to see if it will produce any more nvidia kernel crashes.

Comment

Took 11 hours...but it gave me the first crash again just now.

To make this clear...we aren't talking about full PC crashes either. The screen turns black and turns back on as if nothing happened after 3-10 seconds. (Duration goes up the more often this happens). If I happen to be in normal windows mode it will generally tell me that the driver has been restored after a crash.

I know that it has to do with the bios because I switched out/removed every piece of hardware possible. I also checked out the dump files and it always just blatantly points at my PCI-E GPU driver (AMD GPU driver if I tried to use the 7850K in the past) so that didn't really help. Tried 5 different Nvidia drivers...all produce the same errors.

This error will only happen with Bios 2.40...which I am stuck with for now since the 860K CPU is in need of that. Someone else reported this issue as well on a different site (as a review).

I will have to RMA the board now and hope that they can exchange it...and that it then works...since it's my only option for now. If they refuse to switch out the boards or anything I will have to wait until christmas and then buy another brand unfortunately...
        I'd still hope that they address this issue since it's obviously linked to the bios and I'm also not the only person this has happened to.

I also wrote a message to the official Asrock support to see if they know of a solution...I mean the 860K hasn't been out THAT long yet...but I really hope a new Bios that fixes this comes out before I have to blow out some cash just to get a working board.
        Last edited by Shehriazad; 11-03-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X