AM1H-ITX XP install problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM1H-ITX XP install problem

I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro and it keeps giving me a blue screen of death before it even gets to do the install. When it first boots it says drive not found but it will boot from the disk drive or dvd. I have the sata drive in SATA1 and the DVD in SATA2 if I move them to the other two stat ports they show up when I boot the system. Another thing I cant see all the BIOS its half off the screen it was a pain to make the DVD drive boot first. I was able to install Linux just fine but I want XP for some older games I like.

Re: AM1H-ITX XP install problem

bios -> advanced -> storage configuration -> sata mode -> change AHCI to IDE

Comment

Re: AM1H-ITX XP install problem

Originally posted by jamesjr55 View Post
      I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro and it keeps giving me a blue screen of death before it even gets to do the install. When it first boots it says drive not found but it will boot from the disk drive or dvd. I have the sata drive in SATA1 and the DVD in SATA2 if I move them to the other two stat ports they show up when I boot the system. Another thing I cant see all the BIOS its half off the screen it was a pain to make the DVD drive boot first. I was able to install Linux just fine but I want XP for some older games I like.
      Awesome that did the trick thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X