Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running PC to Its Actual Specs

Hardware Overview.
    Motherboard = Asrock 960GC-GS FX Bios Version P1.60 (current)
    Ram = Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5C 1066MHz 2048mb 5-6-6-18 2.10v X2
    Graphics Card = Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE / 7200 GS
    CPU = AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core (64Bit) (HD9500WCJ4BGD)

Hi I have the following setup, I would like to set my CPU and Ram to run at its max actual speed,
    As it running a slow and laggy with the bios at default.
    I have the following setting in my bios, if some can tell what to set them at would be much appreciated, as am not use to all these setting, use to plug and play.

Here are pictures from my bios and CPUID CPU-Z

BIOS Main Screen
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BIOS Main Screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	756351
    Thanks Pete

Re: Running PC to Its Actual Specs

First, the maximum speed of your processor is 2200MHz:

AMD Phenom X4 9500 - HD9500WCJ4BGD / HD9500WCGDBOX

Next, the Main screen of any BIOS shows the stock speed of a CPU, and sometimes the actually speed of the CPU if it is over clocked. Yours shows 2200MHz, the maximum stock speed of your CPU. It also shows the current speed setting of the memory in the PC, which is 800.

Finally, the Main screen of your BIOS is a display only screen, besides the System Date and Time. There are no options on the Main screen that can be changed to set and CPU or memory options. Those settings are in the OC Tweaker and Advanced menu screens.

The default settings of a BIOS will have the CPU running at its maximum stock speed. Memory normally is not set to its maximum speed, but the difference between 800 and 1066 memory speed will not make any difference in the response of a PC.

We can't see your CPU-Z and CPUID pictures, only one picture per post in this forum. I suggest you post them again, or put the pictures on a picture storage website, and post the links to the pictures.

We also don't know what the CPU and other option settings in your BIOS are by default. Again, those are in the OC Tweaker screen.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, I had pics of all the options ready to upload but the was only able to upload 1 pic per thread, as I said. I have started to upload the pictures to photo bucket so will Upload them when I get back home. From the top of ur head can you fink of anything else that could cause me pc to be running slow as I have a Intel duel which seems to run a lot faster than my quad core pc.
      i have run hddreg on all HDD's come back all fine, I only have my drivers on start up, I have tried a fresh install of windows, Ms essentials reports back with no virus's or malware
      thanks Pete

Comment

It might be the processor power saving options being enabled. For your CPU, that would be Cool'n'Quiet, and the C1 and C1E C States. They reduce the processor speed under low load conditions, but are turned off and on automatically when the load on the processor changes.

Your Intel processor had similar CPU power saving options, so unless you had them disabled when you used it, the difference should not be obvious.

A processor speed of 2200MHz (2.2Ghz) is not really fast compared to modern processors, what Intel dual core processor do you have?

Everything on a PC can affect its speed, and to compare it with another PC, if the hardware is different then the comparison is not equal. What are you using for the OS drives on this AMD PC, and the Intel PC?

Comment

hi cant remember the specs of the duel core and the its not set up at the minute I got it as a cheap bundle I know it had an extra 4GB of ram (8Gb in total),
          I know that the quad core isn't a high spec pc, I don't play pc games so don't really need a high end PC.
          I will try out the other options that you have suggested and see if it helps, also here is the link for the rest of my options for the bios.

PC Pics Photos by pete1987 | Photobucket

Comment

Nice job posting all the pictures, but I'm sorry to say they did not help very much. You made one mistake while trying to help, that being showing all the available settings for each option. That makes it more difficult or impossible to see what the current setting for an option is, which is what I wanted to see.

For example, the CPU Frequency Multiplier is one thing I wanted to see. It seems to be set to 11 (x11.0), which is correct.

The CPU-Z main screen shows your CPU at 1100MHz, which is the normal idle speed of your processor. Does that speed ever change to 2200MHz?

I don't see anything (that I can see) that looks wrong. Your memory is set by default to 800 by the Auto memory setting, and could be set to 1066 by you in the BIOS.

I wonder if you expected a change in the response of the system when you changed, and when it didn't change in your opinion, you think something is wrong.

Did you install Windows 7 again, or move your OS drive from the old to the new PC?

Comment

Working...
            X