VisionTek DriveXpander Hot-Swappable 2.5" Expansion Adapter Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionTek DriveXpander Hot-Swappable 2.5" Expansion Adapter Review

Please feel free to comment about our story entitled "VisionTek DriveXpander Hot-Swappable 2.5" Expansion Adapter Review"

Re: VisionTek DriveXpander Hot-Swappable 2.5" Expansion Adapter Review

I recognized the internals of this product the moment I saw it. As a single drive unit, it is basically one half of a Kingwin KF-251 Dual Bay Internal Hot Swap Rack. You can find the same dual bay internal rack sold by other PC accessory manufactures.

After going through several other inexpensive tray and tray-less type hot swap racks, this design is the best I've used.

Yes the supplied power cable has a four pin molex connector on the source end. At least I have something to use with the molex power cables supplied with all my PSUs, including a new Platinum rated unit. Most if not all new PSUs still supply multiple molex cables (but also include one or two Berg connectors for Floppy drives... talk about 2015.)

Personally, I like the molex to one or two SATA power connectors adapters for use with SSDs. Slightly more cables visible, but minimal cable bending and no free floating unused SATA power connectors I would otherwise have on PSU supplied SATA power cables.

I dislike red SATA cables too. It almost seems like a standard to use red for SATA data cables (or red plastic is the cheapest.)

Comment

Working...
    X