X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5: USB Devices have Long Delay at Windows 7 Login

Greetings all.

Background:
    * Product: A couple of weeks ago I purchased a GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5.
    * Windows Version: I've clean installed Windows 7 Home Premium on this system (several times).
    * Trouble: Everything works just fine, until the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible driver(s) are installed.
    * Description A: After I install those drivers, the computer will often hang at the Windows login screen.
    * Description B: The period for which it hangs seems to be about 30 seconds.
    * Description C: When that occurs, anything plugged into the USB 3.0/2.0 ports are also non-functional.
    * Description D: And since the keyboard and mouse are usb based, they won't let me enter login credentials.
    * Description E: After that period ends, the ports are active again, and I can continue as if nothing was wrong.

Questions:
    * Is this behaviour a known issue, and if so what's happening?
    * Is this due to the Intel drivers / Windows 7, and if so which?
    * Can it be corrected and if so how?
    * Or do I just have faulty hardware?

Sadly confused. -elgrandeburro
    Last edited by elgrandeburro; 04-06-2015, 08:08 AM.

Re: GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5: USB Devices have Long Delay at Windows 7 Login

I have the same board and have not experienced that issue. I'm using 7 Ultimate.

However, if you have the latest bios installed and it is still doing that, try going into the bios and set xHCI Mode to enable. I think it under peripherals - it relates to USB 3.0. Also, check in device manager and make sure all your devices are installed ( no exclamation marks ). I did have an issue where one of the devices related to power management was not installed.

Comment

Working...
    X