MB 980DE3/U3S3 Beeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB 980DE3/U3S3 Beeps

I recently built my first computer and everything seemed to be working just fine and then as I was showing a friend of mine what I great computer I had he made the following comment. "What is the beep just before Win7 starts up. I had no idea and replied that I thought it was just part of the start "POST" process and had been there from the first start up. Well after some research and finding out about the beep codes and the BIOs I found that a single beep indicates a "DRAM Refresh Failure". Spending more time researching the problem I have came to the conclusion that it must be faulty memory or motherboard problem. I tried moving the memory around, taking one memory chip out, disconnecting various components and running memory check several times and I have to think it is a motherboard problem. I sent an email to ASRock support several days ago and as of today I have received no response. I purchased the components 3-23-2015 and being very careful I completed the build about 3 weeks later. If it is a motherboard problem should not ASRock replace the motherboard and if so how and who do I contact as I can no phone number for ASRock. The following is the technical information:

Motherboard ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 Processor AMD FX6300 Vishera 6 core, Socket AMD +3 .5GHz, SSD Crucial MX100, 1228GB SATAIII (Windows 7 Ultimate OS installed)

Hard Drives Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB & SEAGATE 500GB (Programs and Data) Memory 2 each G.Skill Ripjaws X series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1866 Model F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL Monitor ViewSonic VA22455sm

Power Supply Ultra LSP Series V2 550-Watt Sound Sustem Logitech X-530 5.1 Web Cam Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 BIOS 16Mb AMI Legal Version P1.60

I have to be honest in that the computer seems to be working fine. No problems operating any programs, simply no indication that a problems exist but the "beep" is telling me that this will lead to a future problem. Please advise me on possible repair steps I can take or advice on getting a replacement from ASRock.

Thank you very much for any assistance.
    Seabee

Re: MB 980DE3/U3S3 Beeps

If the beep is very short, it is normal and is played on most computers.
    If it is not very short or is not single, it is an error or warning and usually the POST stops waiting for user interruption. An error beep without waiting for user is unusual. The only possibility I can consider is that one of your keyboard keys is stuck (is pressed without your notice) and you should either release that key or replace your keyboard.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I have also received information from friends who also echo your thoughts. The short beep is at the very end of the POST process and in less than a second after the beep Windows starts. There isn't any type of notification on the screen and I have not noted any other problems with the computer so I'm confident that your opinion supported by other sources is on target.
      Thank you very much for easing my concerns.

seabee9 (always learning from the forum)

Is there anything I need to do to close this thread or will it exist forever?

Comment

Have good time. Thread remains as archive.

Comment

Working...
        X