First and foremost, here is my build:

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 3770k CPU
    G.Skills Ripjaws 2133 2 x 4 GB RAM
    Corsair HX850 PSU
    Intel 520 240 GB SSD
    WD Caviar Black 1 TB HDD
    Corsair Obsidian 800D Case

So, I've had this computer build since July 2012. It's been a great computer with no problems at all. One day, I power on my computer like I do every day and it starts this boot loop after hitting a dead end with a vga led error. The computer would loop and eventually I would be able to get into bios or the OS but now I cannot seem to even get a signal for my monitor or get to the bios.

So, I've already tried a few things. I've tried removing the graphics card to see if it would post with the onboard graphics. No dice. I've tried reseating the graphics card and that didn't work. I've tried various combinations of RAM slots with 1 stick and that didn't solve anything. The last thing I attempted was to remove all components and plugins from the motherboard. I removed the gpu, the fans, the sata cables, and even the front case connectors.

It's odd that the problem just sprung up out of nowhere. There were no problems at all and then suddenly it won't post.

I don't think it's the gpu because the onboard hdmi doesn't seem to work either. The various led lights that check components during post stops at the VGA led and then soft reboots until it hits the vga led again. This continues until I hold the power button or switch off the psu. There is an msata drive on the motherboard itself but I'm not sure if that would cause a problem with vga?

Frankly, I wish this problem weren't happening at all since the motherboard cost me around $450 back in 2012. The only thing I can think of is to take everything out and reseat everything in case there is a short in the case on the backside of the motherboard. That would be a huge pain though with all the watercooling I have set up. Ugh... :-/

Also worth noting is that this motherboard has a Q-Code LED that cycles as it's checking components. Here is a small video of the codes that display as it goes through the loop:

Last edited by BradS; 06-01-2015, 08:54 PM.
Working...
X