Overclocking P4 2.0GHz with Epox Motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking P4 2.0GHz with Epox Motherboard

I'll be getting a P4 2.0GHz (533FSB), Epox 4G4M MoBO(533FSB) and Kingston 256MB DDR 2100 RAM. I just need to OC it to a 2.4GHz. Standard heat sink from Intel and a normal ATX Casing from MEC (8480) with no added cooling fan.

I assume that I'll be changing the FSB from 100MHz to 120MHz to get a 2.4Ghz. Is it safe to do this?

The only way to know it, is to do it :thumb:

Bye

Comment

The maths is right now all that's left is just to jump into it and see if it capable. :devil win

[EDIT] No it ain't as you already have 133MHz FSB (I didn't notice that before).
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thanks guyz for the replies. Just one more last question.

Izzit true that OCing CPUs ir GPUs shortens it's life span?

Comment

Only when pushing limit in warm conditions. I just select a good reliable speed and stick with it. :devil win
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Originally posted by vtcom
            I'll be getting a P4 2.0GHz (533FSB), Epox 4G4M MoBO(533FSB) and Kingston 256MB DDR 2100 RAM. I just need to OC it to a 2.4GHz. Standard heat sink from Intel and a normal ATX Casing from MEC (8480) with no added cooling fan.

I assume that I'll be changing the FSB from 100MHz to 120MHz to get a 2.4Ghz. Is it safe to do this?
            If your CPU is a 2.0GHz/533FSB - as you've stated...then your FSB is already running at 133MHz (X15?), changing it to 120 will lower your CPU speed to 1.8GHz. You'll need a 160FSB (X15) to reach 2.4GHz, which you may have problems reaching with that MB & RAM

Are you sure your CPU is a 533FSB? all the 2.0's I've ever seen have a 400FSB, which would make your 120MHz FSB the correct number to try for.

Comment

RDR... I've double checked with my PC supplier, indeed it's a 400FSB Processor. Sorry about that, guessed I've mislooked the specs.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X