ASrock 980DE3/U3S3 and graphics trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock 980DE3/U3S3 and graphics trouble

My 1st home build and for the first couple of months it has run great. Now on the initial start up the graphics are very slow but if I restart all seems to be quite normal. My system details are listed below. The graphics card was taken from my old computer so I expected it to be the trouble. I have run Furmark GPU stress test on the GPU and noted that the temp was at 80 degrees Celsius and it is my understanding that is very high. I'm in the process of getting a new graphics card but uncertain which to purchase. I want one that handles 2 monitors and is PCIe 2.0 x16 or 3.0 x16. I don't do a lot of gaming but I want a good solid GPU. Not sure if the card will fix the problem but I do need a better GPU. I would appreciate suggestions on a good card and any information on the problem of having to restart the computer to run simple computer games. I have ruled out problems with my internet service as our other 2 computers run fine. I have cleaned the old GPU and checked for loose connections. At this point I'm thinking it would be the graphic card and/or the motherboard. About 2 months ago I asked the question of a single beep at the end of the POST cycle and was advised that it was considered normal since there was no message and the computer started with no other problems. Don't know it that beep was a signal of this problem or not. I would appreciate any and all recommendations to fix this problem. The reboot works but it isn't a really good solution. I want to fix the problem and need some help from the "best".

My system:
    Motherboard
    ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 Processor AMD FX6300 Vishera 6 core, Socket AMD +3 .5GHz, SSD Crucial MX100, 1228GB SATAIII (Windows 7 Ultimate OS installed), GPU PNY GeForce GT 430
    Hard Drives Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB & SEAGATE 500GB (Programs and Data) Memory 2 each G.Skill Ripjaws X series 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1866 Model F3-14900CL9S-4GBXL Monitor ViewSonic VA22455sm + a Dell
    Power Supply Ultra LSP Series V2 550-Watt Sound Sustem Logitech X-530 5.1 Web Cam Microsoft LifeCam HD-5000 BIOS 16Mb AMI Legal Version P1.60

Thank you,
    seabee9

Re: ASrock 980DE3/U3S3 and graphics trouble

An update in hopes of stirring up a possible answer to my problem. I have installed a new graphics board EVGA Nvidia GTX750 2GB 128-Bit Express 3.0 x16 and also change out the ram which was suspected because it was not on ASROCK's list of compatible memory so I installed 8 GB of Kingston (2x4, DDR3 1600). But alas the problem still exist. Computer games (from wireless or ethernet connection) are still slow until I restart and then all is well. Everything is new (oh, I realize that there can be problems with new equipment) which has sort of lead me to believe that the problem maybe with the motherboard. I will hold off on replacing the MB until I have given adequate time for a possible solution from the vast knowledge base on Tweaktown.com Although, I still wonder about an earlier post when I ask the question about a single short beep at the end of the POST just before Windows started. No error codes and the system was running fine at that time until I had this recent situation. AMI bios indicated that a single beep was a Dram Refresh failure. The several answers I received felt that the one beep was normal but I now wonder if there is a Dram refresh failure maybe it takes the restart to refresh the Dram. Well, at least I have a work around by restarting but how annoying. I sure hope to see some suggestions and thank you in advance.

Leabee

Comment

Working...
    X