Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swifttech 462+

Anyone know agood mobo for a swiftech 462+
    It is hard to install because it screws onto the mobo and tends to ground itself. (I think)

I was using it on the Abit KX7-333 with no problems. I have also heard that Soyo boards will handle them with no problems.

One thing to keep in mind... The new KT400 standard no longer requires the four holes surrounding the socket. MSI seems to have done away with them in their new boards so you'll want to check this out before making any new motherboard purchases.

Just thinking out loud, but does it say something for the times we live in when we are now looking for a new mainboard to go with out HSF? ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

I had an Epox 8KHA+ & it fit my Alpha8045 - so I would assume a MCX462 would fit as well
      My 8K9A had the 4 holes but a capacitor was in the way - so a little HS modding was required - it turned out to be a DOA, so it was returned anyway & I'm in the process of negotiating an upgrade...possibly to the Epox nForce2 board :thumb:

Comment

what about on the albatron?

And the reason I am mobo shopping is because I just ruined my soyo k7v+ with the stupid thing.

Comment

try asking this question at the www.AMDMB.com forums - I've had good luck getting this type of questions answered correctly in the past - they have sections of their forum devoted to specific motherboard brands - so you can pick your favourite....no Albatron section though.

Comment

Working...
          X