No announcement yet.

GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 stuck on Debug LED code 99 when booting or code 62 after clearing CMOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 stuck on Debug LED code 99 when booting or code 62 after clearing CMOS

My system had been running fine, all of a sudden it is stuck on Debug LED code 99 when booting into Windows 7 Ultimate, the USB keyboard keys do not have any effect. When I clear the CMOS and reboot the system it stops on debug LED code 62, also with the USB keyboard having no effect. After rebooting again it goes back to LED code 99 and is stuck there no matter what keyboard key I press during boot.

Re: GA-Z170X-GAMING 7 stuck on Debug LED code 99 when booting or code 62 after clearing CMOS

I was able to get the system running again by removing the connectors for all the hard drives, removing the M2 SSD, disconnecting the CD drive, and removing my GTX 970 video card. I was now able to get to a screen saying they wasn't anything to boot on. I then installed the M2 SSD that I had installed Windows on earlier. It still said there wasn't a bootable device. I attached the CD drive with my Windows install disk and it booted on that and that didn't see my previous installation on the SSD. So I had to reinstall Windows 7. Now it looks like somehow I did something to the M2 SSD to wipe out the installed Windows system. I have now reinstalled Windows on the M2 SSD and reconnected all the hard drives and reinstalled the video card and everything appears to be working normally again, thank goodness.

Comment

Working...
    X