ASrock Fatal1ty 970 performance does not POST 6 short beep code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock Fatal1ty 970 performance does not POST 6 short beep code

I have connected an ASrock Fatal1ty 970 performance with a AMD FX 6350 unlocked cpu, a crucial ballistik sport 8GB 1600mhz memory ram, and a PSU. I get 6 short beeps when turned on. No POST and no signal on display when i connect my video card. I keep getting 6 short beeps. Without memory ram i get 3 long beeps which makes sense according tohttp://www.asrock.com/support/qa/TSDQA-84.pdf
    With or without the Video Card i get 6 short beeps. If i add another memory ram I get 6 short beeps still but now i get 12 short beeps after that, then it keeps repeating like this 6 short beeps, 6 short beeps, 12 short beeps.
    Idk whats going wrong. Please help.
    Also, i cannot find anywhere online a list for beep codes for ASrock Fatal1ty 970 performance besides these links:
    ASRock > Support > FAQ

Both links do not say anything about 6 short beeps. The mobo manual doesnt even mention the beep codes.

I have a ASUS Geforce GTX 750 TI 2gb. I have also tried a MSI Geforce 210 1gb. I have placed them in different PCIe slots and still get the same 6 Short Beeps code. Even if i remove the video card I still get a 6 Short Beep Code.
    According to this ASRock > Support > FAQ I should get 5 long beeps for no video card but i dont get that either.

Re: ASrock Fatal1ty 970 performance does not POST 6 short beep code

There are some Ballistic Sport sticks that will not work on an AMD system. I have some here.

Have you looked at Crucial's Memory Compatability page for this MB to see if what you have there is certified by Crucial to work?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

What I have here that will not work on an AMD system, the stick is labeled "BLS4G3D1609ES2LX0"

These came in a 2x4GB kit. Kit p/n BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0

Crucial was at one point offering free exchanges for newly bought sticks/kits.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

HERE's the NewEgg page for the 2x4GB kit

And HERE's Crucials response to an AMD user that these wouldn't work for.

Good memory, just not for an AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          HERE's the NewEgg page for the 2x4GB kit

And HERE's Crucials response to an AMD user that these wouldn't work for.

Good memory, just not for an AMD.
          Thanks for the reply, I'll return the crucial memory rams and get another brand. What brand would you recommend? Also, why is it that i cannot find the beep codes for my motherboard online nor in the manual. Is it some kind of secret that they don't want to show. I just can't understand why wouldn't they be readily available.

Comment

So that is the memory part number(s) you have?

I'd like to be sure, as it seems memory related seeings you remove the ram and get three beeps.

Yea, there are a few manuals that didn't for whatever reason have post codes and beep codes included in them. I dunno why.

Convoluted to noobs, yet it's all there so long as you understand the POST process and how it progresses:
            Only AMI brings you this all-in-one approach to foundational technology, to ensure that your compute platforms get online, every single time.

Much simpler, but not thorough by any means:
            PC Hell: BIOS Error Beep Codes

Comment

So, i've exchange the crucial memory ram for a kingston hx316c10fk2/8

Here is a link for my build
              AMD FX-6350, Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti - System Build - PCPartPicker

When both memories are installed it still gives me the same 6 short beeps. The only difference is that when i only have 1 memory ram installed i now get 6 short beeps then another 6 short beeps then a final 12-short beeps and then repeats that same pattern 6short-6short-12short.
              I'm so confused. I have bought all these parts because pc part picker told me were compatible and because Microcenter peeps also told me it should work. I'm following every step just like this video from newegg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIF43-0mDk4.
              I've already exchanged the motherboard and the cpu and the video card and now the memory ram brand from crucial to kingston. The only thing i haven't changed is the PSU.
              I found this link for ASrock 970 Performance compatibility
              For CPU ASRock > Fatal1ty 970 Performance
              For RAM ASRock > Fatal1ty 970 Performance
              The exact module numbers from my parts are not exactly the same but they should still work i thought or so have pcpartpicker and microcenter have told me as well.
              For exampe, my exact CPU part is FD6350FRHKBOX and the site says FD6350FRW6KHK. My exact RAM is Kingston HX316C10FK2/8 and the site says KHX1600C9D3K2/8G. Is my motherboard really that picky?? Should i be buying the exact recommended parts as per that site???

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Also, i have just realized that my new kingston are UDIMM memory rams instead of DIMM memory cards. My previous ballistix cards were DIMM though and still had the same problem. I will change these Kingston UDIMM for DIMM tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes it. :(

Comment

Bear with me, this happens here more that you'd imagine.

You did plug the 8-pin ATX into the upper left hand corner of your MB, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Goose Figueroa View Post
                    Also, i have just realized that my new kingston are UDIMM memory rams instead of DIMM memory cards. My previous ballistix cards were DIMM though and still had the same problem. I will change these Kingston UDIMM for DIMM tomorrow. Hopefully that fixes it. :(
                    You're good. UDIMM is simply the "new' name for desktop memory.

Comment

Yes, I plugged in the 8 pin ATX 12V, the 24 pin one, and the 6 pin PCIe for my video card. All the fans from the PSU, the CPU, the Video card run normally.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                        You're good. UDIMM is simply the "new' name for desktop memory.
                        So UDIMM or DIMM don't matter? ok
                        The only reason i went for DIMM was because this site from ASrock only talks about DIMMs
                        ASRock > Fatal1ty 970 Performance
                        Memory Support List

Note1: 4PCS= Dual channel, supports 4 modules.
                        Note2: 2PCS = Tested successfully with 2 modules.
                        Note3: The O.C. mode is not guaranteed. It depends on whole system configuration and other parameters.
                        Note4: For system stability, use more efficient memory cooling system to support a full memory load (4 DIMMs) when overclocking.
                        Note5: The mainboard supports DDR3-2000 MHz DIMMs only when you install a 6-core cpu to the mainboard.
                        Note6: When overclocking, some AMD CPU models may not support DDR3 1600 MHz or higher frequency DIMMs.
                        Note7: Due to CPU spec, AMD 100 and 200 series CPUs support up to DDR3 1066 MHz. With ASRock design, this motherboard can support DDR3 1333 MHz.

Comment

What brand/model/make of KB and mouse are you using to set this up with?

Try using a bone stock PS/2 KB and mouse. Otherwise ........

Comment

And please reset your BIOS while the computer is unplugged and unpowered after removing whatever KB and mouse you've been attempting this with. Plugging the PS/2 ones in before powering back up.

Comment

Working...
                            X