Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Z97-AR adaptive voltage issue

Hey!

So I recently moved from my Ivy bridge build to Haswell, simply because I got a 4770k and an Asus Z97-AR for dirt cheap. I'm very happy with the OC I managed, 4.5GHz, but adaptive voltage is worrying me a bit.

I've got the following values set up in the BIOS; Offset Mode Sign: +, CPU Core Voltage Offset: 0.020v, Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage: 1.230v. Now I know not to use any stress-testing programs when using adaptive voltage, all testing was done prior to this using manual voltage. I'm aware that certain programs can draw a ton of voltage when using adaptive voltage. What worries me, is that I get some interesting Vcore and VID values even on a light load (I'm using CPU-Z and HWINFO64). With these adaptive voltage settings, my Vcore tops at 1.280v when gaming, and spikes up there some times on desktop aswell. This I find interesting, but not exactly worrying. What's stranger, is the "VID" reading on HWINFO64, which every now and then jumps up to 1.352v on desktop use. When gaming, it stays mostly at 1.264-1.280v.

1.352v seems awfully powerful to me, especially considering it wasn't during some heavy AVX load, but on desktop browsing the internet or watching videos. I haven't been able to find an answer to what the HWINFO's VID reading signifies, so I'm a bit worried here. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Should I not use adaptive voltage at all? Which of the values is the one I should be looking at, Vcore or VID? Is it normal for adaptive voltage to cause Vcore and VID values such as these? I was hoping someone here would be able to guide me in the right direction.

I'm using the latest BIOS version, 2601.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Asus Z97-AR adaptive voltage issue

I got an answer from ASUS nordic support. I was basically told to **** off. I was told that I won't receive ANY support or ANY answers because I've chosen to OC my system. They flat out refused to tell me exactly how adaptive voltage works because I'm overclocking. I'm beginning to suspect that the feature is seriously broken.

Apparently this is how ASUS customer service works. Incredible.

Comment

Working...
    X