Gaming GT Z170X - Problems with UEFI Win7 setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming GT Z170X - Problems with UEFI Win7 setup

Trying to get Win7 x64 Ult set up on Gigabyte Z170X Gaming GT. I am using a USB stick with UEFI setup (previously used on older builds). I launch the setup, get to installation phase and at that point I need to install drivers for RAID. The problem is that additional USB sticks (which also did show up in BIOS as detected) with the drivers are not displayed. When I am prompted to point the Setup to drivers, there is only the local setup file system "Boot (X:)" with no additional USB drives visible.

The secondary USB drive is FAT32 with the IRST driver files.

Tried multiple drives, multiple USB ports. Tried various CSM settings.

One thing that worries me a little is that the BIOS UEFI settings fall under "Win 8/10 features". Is Win 7 perhaps not supported? I did also try the latest Beta BIOS which allows UEFI with "Other System" but still no luck.

Any ideas?

It should not matter but the ultimate destination is intended to be NVMe RAID0 volume that i've created, but i think it's irrelevant since I can't even get the medium with IRST drivers to show up.
    Last edited by DoS; 12-23-2015, 01:11 PM.

Re: Gaming GT Z170X - Problems with UEFI Win7 setup

This procedure help me:
    1. make bootable usb with rufus (GPT partition)
    2. make dvd with same iso file
    3. start installation from usb then when drivers not find insert dvd and continue installing.

Read more: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...slow-boot.html

Comment

Working...
    X