Need a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a job

Hey there, if anyone has a job for me I'm all ears.

Got fired today and I can't go on the dole which kinda sucks.

:?: Can I ask why you got fired first?

Comment

And why ya can't get the dole? :?:

Comment

What's the dole?

Comment

getting paid money for not working.. kinda like welfare..

Comment

ahhhhhh... k

A form of unemployment?

Comment

Still no word back from the party involved? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by G Smith
                ahhhhhh... k

A form of unemployment?
                that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                  Still no word back from the party involved?
                  Probably tuckered out, looking for a job can be rather tiring to say the least.

Well, that or he's enjoying his spare time:?:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Or maybe missin' liquor which he half filled a shed with and is now proceedin' to drink the evidence? :?:

*gees that's twice in an hour that I've used that word* :eek:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

well for me........after being let go from working at my school its been almost a year taht I've been out of a job. Today I had an interview at GameStop (a video game retail store). And it looks like I'm in I just have to fill out the massive load of paper work to get on the pay roll. Sad thing is I'm only being for about 3-4 weeks for the holiday's. Cause they need holiday help. I'll be doing ground maintence and recommending Game Informer suscriptions. Pending on my performance will tell my manager if I stick around after the 3 weeks or not. I guess it'll only be a few bucks but a few bucks that I desperatly need.

Comment

I got fired because I don't do any work at work, they don't understand why I don't feel motivated for $6/hour, go figure huh.

I can't get the dole because I haven't declared myself independant from my parents yet.

Comment

So that's why ya were only gettin' $6 p/h instead of $12. Get out from under the family wing and sign up for unemployment till ya get a real job (ya may have to wait a few weeks though). :devil win

Good luck (ya'll need it with a proper job) :thumb:
                          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

This might seem a bit old fashioned.
                            But listen up. Ready?
                            OK
                            Not everyone is going to be fortunate enough to be CEO of a Fortune 500 company coming straight out of school.

Go to work, give your employer his money's worth. Show up on time, and if required stay a bit late to finish.
                            Be reliable, dependable and self-motivated - there's these things called raises once-in-a-blue moon. Not often enough, but have yourself in line for one if they come up.

There's also these things called references, when looking for better paying work, it's a good thing to have a favorable one.

And wiggo's right, if you were depending upon yourself to feed you and put clothes on your back & roof over your head, you'd be faced with a whole different aspect.

Most young fellows are surely wanting a bit of independence, but it is only gained through hard work, sticking to it & sometimes putting up with BS and low pay.

ahh, my daddy always said "There's gott'a be a better way to serve the Lord than working for a living."
                            However, to date he hasn't informed me of what that might be:laugh:

</RANT>
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Mr C is largely right but the culture shock going from a school environment to the workforce (especially in some of the low paid/skilled jobs) is huge.

My kids didn't get it right for quite a while but it was the lack of money (and what that can do) which eventually motivated them.

Remember, to have that 10% chaos and fun in your life it takes the other 90% of drudgery and hard work FIRST. Not the other way round or in the reverse proportions. I wish it was so myself..

Comment

Working...
                              X