Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 not recognizing M.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 not recognizing M.2

I put in a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and my GA-z170MX-Gaming 5 motherboard does not recognize it in the BIOS. I am using window and the Bios is F4e. When I look for the bios setting in the Peripheral/SATA Config the NVMe option is not there. How do I make sure it is using the PCIe protocol? I was able to clone my other SSD and boot off the M.2 but there is still no Config in the bios.

Re: Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 not recognizing M.2

I have the samsung 950 pro - 256gb on a GB z170x gaming 7, under the NVME option it is indeed not listed.

But in my case it is listed under boot option priorities and hard drive etc. priorities, are you shure you have
    inserted the m.2. ssd correctly on your mb?

Comment

Re: Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 not recognizing M.2

I have the 950 Pro -512gb on a Gigabyte Z170X SOC Force and the only way to make the drive appear under the NVME option is to set the following in the bios, which most of the Gigabyte Z170 Board Bios layouts, are almost identical :

These Settings are found under the Bios Features Tab :

1) Windows Features 8/10 Features - set it to Windows 8/10
      2) CSM Support - set it to Enabled
      3) Storage Boot Option Control - set it to Disabled.

Then save bios and reboot and the drive will appear under the NVME options, but it is just a listing of the NVME drives you have, there are no options or settings to choose from, so I don't know what purpose it serves by making the drive appear in the listing. Regardless of whether it appears in the NVME option or not, it still shows up as a drive in your Boot options. I have tried it both as the drive appearing in the NVME and not appearing and I can't tell any difference at all in performance. Using Crystal Diskmark 5.0.2, the drive runs at 2500/1500 Read/Write, either way.

Comment

Working...
      X