Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W10 restarts itself 24 hours after shutdown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W10 restarts itself 24 hours after shutdown?

I have several W10 systems and only one, that I'm aware of, has this obsession to automatically restart itself from a shutdown state after exactly 24 hours. I have checked this behavior for three 24 hour periods and it does it every time. All of the systems have about the same software and the same tasks in Task Manager. In fact, I have two systems with almost exactly the same hardware as described in my profile - one restarts itself and the other does not. Both systems have a relatively new fresh install of W10 v1511. I don't know if this is a W10 or Z97 Extreme6 BIOS issue but I sure would appreciate some suggestions on where I should be looking to make the problem system behave "normally".

Re: W10 restarts itself 24 hours after shutdown?

Just to add one more verification of what is going on. I shut the system down yesterday at 1:11 PM and it restarted itself at 1:12 PM today - exactly 24 hours after shutdown! So that makes it 3 for 3 with different shutdown times. There has got to be something in the BIOS or W10 that is being triggered every 24 hours.

Comment

Re: W10 restarts itself 24 hours after shutdown?

Problem solved. Just Disable the Intel Smart Connect Technology option in the BIOS.

Comment

Working...
      X