Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 bios problem

Hy,
    I own GB Z68 motherboard revision 1.0 which didnt have update for UEFI BIOS and unlockable multiliplier for Ivy Bridge processors so I flashed with help of @Stasio and managed to overclock my i5 3470 to 4GHz with Stasio's great help and I thank you one more time.

Everything worked fine until I decided to sell R9 280 which worked flawleslly with this bios and motherboard,no problems and I bought Gainward Phantom GTX 960 and when I installed in PCI Express slot GTX 960.

BIOS screen shows,first beep sounds and then I'm stuck at bios screen ( UEFI ) and I get 3 beeps and black screen.

The problem is can not enter BIOS,I tried with PS2 keyboard and USB keyboard,only one stick of ram and everything disconnnected,no effect.y
    Tried clearing bios with removing battery and clear_cmos jumpers,no effect.

Onboard graphics also doesnt work,no signal I get on monitor,when I boot it starts turning on screen like there is some signal but then I get NO SIGNAL.

Then I tried loading backup bios with power switch method,no effect,tried second method with holding reset and start switch,again no effect,I resigned at last to shortening pins 1 and 6,again no effect,backup BIOS wont kick in.

I think my problem would be solved with some setting inside BIOS,I think PCi latency I have to change or something like that,but I cant enter bios,nor I can enter q-flash or bios boot order so I can flash Award F8 bios which is latest official.

My keyboard works becase I can reset using CTRL+ALT+DELETE but can not enter bios,q-flash,boot order or anything else.

CTRl+F10 wont load backup bios.

I'm desperate,dont know what to do :( any other method of switching to backup bios or somehow to force enter bios.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 bios problem

Remove your new card, reset cmos by removing battery for a few minutes ( or shorting pins), connect your monitor to the video out connection on the back of the motherboard ( see your mobo manual if you are unsure of which connection to use), then try to boot.

It should boot up on internal graphics.

Run Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean your old driver and any registry settings related to your old AMD card.

Comment

So,whole time problem was in BIOS,most solid solution is revert to Award F8 bios and here are the files if anyone needs :

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Thanks to @Stasio,he managed to "inject" latest CPU microcode and GPU microcode from F8 bios into UEFI bios so you can have unlockable CPU multiplier for Ivy Bridge processors while having ability to use with newer generation of graphics cards like GTX 9xx

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Also when you flash UEFI BIOS if you get stuck on BIOS screen after installing new graphics card,be sure to do this while using onboard graphics card :

1. Go to Bios.

2. Go to Bios features.

3. Set "Other PCI Device ROM Priority" to "Legacy only"

4. Press "F10" to save and exit.

When you flash UEFI BIOS from Stasio be sure to use onboard graphics card so you can set these settings before you install new graphics card.

Here is if you need to make bootable USB drive with BIOS files :

http://www.gigabytenordic.com/how-to-update-your-bios-on-gigabyte-motherboards/

And thats it,using UEFI BIOS from stasio I was able to raise multiplier again and use new graphics card,otherwise I would be stuck with Award F8 bios with locked multiplier for Ivy Bridge.

Stasio is the the real MVP

Comment

Everything worked fine until I decided to sell R9 280 which worked flawleslly with this bios and motherboard,no problems and I bought Gainward Phantom GTX 960 and when I installed in PCI Express slot GTX 960.

BIOS screen shows,first beep sounds and then I'm stuck at bios screen ( UEFI ) and I get 3 beeps and black screen.

The problem is can not enter BIOS,I tried with PS2 keyboard and USB keyboard,only one stick of ram and everything disconnnected,no effect.y
        Tried clearing bios with removing battery and clear_cmos jumpers,no effect.
        I was using Z68AP-D3 (Rev.2.0) - Ua9-mod -(modded,to be flash on Rev.1.0 only....not for Rev.2.0). After upgrading from AMD R9 290 to GTX 1070, the boot wont go past "American Megatrends" logo if I used the nVidia.

Also when you flash UEFI BIOS if you get stuck on BIOS screen after installing new graphics card,be sure to do this while using onboard graphics card :

1. Go to Bios.

2. Go to Bios features.

3. Set "Other PCI Device ROM Priority" to "Legacy only"

4. Press "F10" to save and exit.

When you flash UEFI BIOS from Stasio be sure to use onboard graphics card so you can set these settings before you install new graphics card.
        I did that using onboard graphics and viola! Thanks dokii and everybody! : DD

Comment

stasio has posted a uefi bios with updated microcode for the Z68AP-D3 Rev 1. I can now boot from gtx 1070 without setting "Other PCI Device ROM Priority" to "Legacy only".
          Originally posted by stasio View Post
          ^
          Not sure if will helps for your GTX 1070 card.
          This is only I can do, except you upgrade motherboard or downgrade videocard.

Updated :
          - Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS 2158 PC 14.34 to 2170
          - EFI GOP driver 2.0.1023 to 1024
          - EFI GOP driver 3.0.1023 to 1030

BIOS

Flash on your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X