Asrock N68C-GS4 FX Gigabit LAN card network speed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock N68C-GS4 FX Gigabit LAN card network speed problem

It seems that the motherboard N68C-GS4 FX integrated Atheros AR8171 Gigabit LAN card isn't capable of being Gigabit !!! I have only managed to get it running in fast ethernet mode (100 instead of 1000). I thought perhaps it is a software issue (you don't get an option in the driver to force Gigabit speed) and tried every possible combination with no success (tried every revision of driver possible various OS-es installed different cables bootable CDs etc). It seems that the problem exists also in a similar motherboard with a different LAN Gigabit card (N68C-GS FX) according to people in other forums. Maybe the same Nvidia chipset doesn't get along with integrated LAN cards that aren't Nvidia on similar motherboards ? Few of the latest BIOS revisions on this motherboard seem to be fixing LAN card problems. Well when is it going to get fixed finally ? I thought I could fix my problems by switching my new motherboard with the only other similar (compatible) motherboard but I don't want to risk getting into same problems again. Don't get me wrong the motherboard works great and with no problems just that glitch is getting on my nerves as I do A LOT of networking stuff and fast ethernet speeds just don't cut it. I have sent an official complaint to the support department already but they aren't answering. Anybody got a similar problem and got it solved somehow ???

Re: Asrock N68C-GS4 FX Gigabit LAN card network speed problem

I have solved the case myself. I have successfuly RMA'd my MBO to the authorised vendor and got a substitute new MBO. I have tested the new MBO and everything works OK. The first new MBO was faulty.

Comment

Working...
    X