Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card ??

Hi All,

I am going to buy a video card tonight on Pricewatch.com or some other site, I have $85.00 to spend. I am running a P3V4X board with a VIA 133 chipset. Any thougts?

Thank you

:confused:

Why not have a look at a 64MB Radeon 8500LE or Radeon 9000. ;)

<center> </center>

Comment

Should I stay away from the GeForce cards?

Comment

You shouldn't stay away from any of either Radeon or Geforce cards. Wiggo just suggested those two as they are probably, at the moment, better value for money than the lower end Geforce cards.

Comment

I am just wondering of which card is better or what do you like?
          The MX440, MX460 or the GeForce3 TI 200, are any of these cards better than the ATI 9000 pro?

I can get a ATI RADEON 9000 PRO 64MB for like $81.00 with Pricewatch.

Thank you

Comment

Ok then this is how I got my lowly Gigabyte R9000. I was lookin' around a price range that was around the high quality GF2 MX's and low quality GF4 MX's then I find this R9000 for the same price ($140aus - about $75us atm). Now both the R8500 and R9000 support DX8.1, neither MX does. The R9000 I have performs about the same as a GF3 Ti200 so I ain't complainin' at all. ;)
            <center>:cheers:</center>

[EDIT] Well get the R9000 Pro then as it's better. :thumb:

Comment

Personally, I'd forget the MX series. As for the Ti200 vs the 9000, it's more a personal choice. I myself would check out the 9000, but that's just me.

Comment

Cool, thank you for your help. The ATI 9000 pro is then.

Thanks,
                Mark

Comment

Whats the preformane difference with the 9000, 9000pro, and 8500LE's? and is it worth the extra money to shell out for the 128MB? I heard it was with the radons

Comment

most hardware benchmarks and so on can be found on tomshardware.com and on that motherboard you have you can run any card out there preatty muchi have the GF4 4400 on it. O and dont get the MX boards they are just not worth the money vs preformance, ATI is a bit better with that until the 9700 came out...

Comment

I knew all that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X