An interesting experience with using the BIOS feature "Power Loading"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting experience with using the BIOS feature "Power Loading"

TL;DR: Turning on the Power Loading feature make video compression problems to appear in the viral videos. Turning it off make them go away.

I did some research on the Internet about a well-known "reboot loop" issue with the motherboards. GIGABYTE added the BIOS feature "Power Loading" in Power Management settings which enables the dummy load to prevent the self-protection from triggering shutdown when the power supply is at low load. In my view, the reboot loop occurs when the power supply is unable to provide sufficient power then it will fail to boot in order to avoid damaging the components. Boom! The reboot loop happens. Please tell me if this is not entirely correct. Any rebuttal is appreciated here.

Fortunately, I haven't encountered the reboot loop YET. My motherboard is Z97MX-Gaming 5. It is a month old and still relatively new. I knew it will happened eventually and decided to turn on the Power Loading for safety measure; nevertheless, it took a strange turn in Windows 10 and started seeing massive video compression problems on YouTube, Streamable, and other viral videos hosting services. It only occurs when there are many small pixelated black squares and glitches in the viral video. I checked all components: CPU, memory, GPU, M.2 SDD, and HDD. All of them turned out fine. I tried different NVIDIA drivers and all of them were unable to rectify the issue.

I was at my wit's end until I turned the Power Loading feature off and the video compression problems are GONE! I want to make sure that's the case by doing several tests with the Power Loading feature on/off. The problems are gone forever when it was turned off. I am speechless and I am very curious to hear your insight on this.

UPDATE: Please disregard this issue. It was definitely not a Power Loading feature and the compression artifacts are only affected by the video codec. Disabling the hardware acceleration fixed the issue.
    Last edited by AugHearingMan; 10-28-2016, 12:23 PM.
Working...
X