Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe 8GB of Ram how is it done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe 8GB of Ram how is it done?

Three weeks ago I saw a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe with a FX-60 bios 1303 and 8GB of Samsung 2GB RAM. M312L5720CZ3-CCC PC3200R-30331-F3 DDR, CL3, ECC. ASUS A8N32-SLI Socket 939 Motherboard w/ AMD 64 FX-60 CPU 8Gb ECC Ram I already have a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe with a AMD 4800+and bios 1303. So I looked around ebay and found 4 of the same Samsung Ram for $24.00. When one or more of the ram is installed the computer will not boot. The ECC settings can't be changed with the non ECC memory. How do you get to the memory settings? Do you use a 1GB of ECC to change the bios and switch to bigger the memory? Don't want to buy spend anymore on this project until I know how its supposed to work. Hope someone can help explain it to me.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by WaterCoolerNostradamus; 12-29-2016, 01:25 AM.

Re: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe 8GB of Ram how is it done?

I had the memory tested and it did not work. Bought four on eBay Access Denied for $17.50 and I have 8GB of Ram working. Used some Kingston ECC of the qualified vender list to unlock the settings. Turned computer of and swapped all the memory and it worked on the first try.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
    X