Download Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Problems?

I have a small problem with downloading zip files. Instead of it asking me where they should DL too it just puts them to the temp internet files. I ONLY have this problem with zips files. I am suing winzip but have tried winrar and get the same thing. Here is a example of what I am talking about.

zip file D/L:

What I want all D/L to be like:

NOTE: I have tried to set all internet stuff to default and had no luck. I have searched everything that I can think of....even winzip options and found nothing. PLEASE HELP!!! This is VERY annoying.

hmm...its a strange problem...but anyways this should help.
    Windows XP deals with .zip files with help of its own compressed folders. When u work with winzip (or winrar in ur case)...allowing it to work with the default shell of windoes XP sometime creates problem. You can try this out...

Go to Start -> Run... and type...
    regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

this will return your zip folder status to default and will also reduce the resources needed for working with compressed folders.
    XP will deal with all the zip files once again. try downloading a zip file now...it should give you the default state, like the way u want it to be.
    now whenever you use winrar or winzip don't click on yes when it asks for working as default zip file manager.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

That was the trick. THX!

Comment

Working...
      X