Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z170X-Gaming3 Boot Loop

Hi All,

I'm hoping that the collective brains of the forum can help where Gigabyte can't. I had a year old PC that I had built that suddenly started to blue screen. After buying a new PSU, new motherboard (replaced ASUS with Gigabyte) I finally got the CPU replaced, which fixed the problem. I'm now left with a PC that runs fine when it starts, but it only starts properly if I turn it off at the mains switch on the PSU. If I don't do that it boot loops, cycling on and off without ever even giving me a POST beep.

The PSU is a new Corsair CP-9020047-UK Builder Series CX500 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit, 500 W. This is a current unit, bought this year from Amazon. Gigabyte are saying that the problem is that it doesn't support the latest ATX standard. Gigabyte say that the power supply must match the Intel ATX 12V specification ATX12V 2.31 or ATX 12V 2.4. Corsair state that it "Supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems".

I wasn't aware that the ATX standard was so picky and was wondering if anyone has a work round - other than having to crawl under my desk to turn it off every time I want to use it!
Working...
X