Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would like to overclock my Ram from 1866 to 2133

hello,
    i read that Sandy Bridge scales very good with memory speed and so i thought i would give it another try. I never managed to get it running at 2133mhz, but i have some bigass coolers on my 4x4GB Ramsticks, i even had to buy a new CPU Cooler to have clearance for them, so maybe it least the huge things are good for something, if not what is it good for?

Thing is, when i enable XMP Profile, my board autom. writes all timings, 9-10-9-27 (and a few more)...if i choose Multiplier 21.33, it does not change any timings so it looks like i have to set all on my own, 10 or 11 timings i think, not only the 4 most common.

Do you think i have any chance getting there? This is the RAM i have:

Corsair Vengeance rot DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-1866 Preisvergleich | Geizhals Deutschland

thx in advance and greetings from germany

Re: Would like to overclock my Ram from 1866 to 2133

Sweet spot from Sandy Bridge is 1600-1866 anything beyond that has very low performance gain mate..Stay as you are.
    Sandy Bridge Memory Scaling: Choosing the Best DDR3

Comment

Re: Would like to overclock my Ram from 1866 to 2133

i know the practical use is close to 0, but still id like to do some testing. I like doing benchmarks and playing around. I have a solid board and Ram Sticks that are supposed to be "great room for overclocking, blablabla said Corsair"...so i dont see why i cant even get into Windows with 2133mhz...

Comment

Working...
      X