Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cant xfer files via MSN or ICQ..why not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant xfer files via MSN or ICQ..why not?

I cant xfer files via MSN or ICQ..why not?

is it because of XPs built in firewall? I need to have this function with both MSN and ICQ.

any help?

thnx

:hammer:
    Need some more info: Are you behind a firewall? What OS

Cheers Dave

Comment

Im not behind any 3rd party firewall, only using the protection that comes with xp.

and what do you mean by "OD"?

Comment

Davez asked what OS (operating System) not OD that's somthing druggie's do ,scrap microsofts firewall and get yourself zonealarm for free
        Secure your PC and mobile with the most protective, real-time security software and mobile apps.

you can set aplication access controll and alot more secure than xp firewall.

Comment

thanks itch, I'll try that....I used to use zone alarm but I read somewhere about people complaining about it slowing down xp machines.

I use it only with 98' right now.

Comment

well lexis i use it with XP and my conection speed is the same if i disable zonealarm or not ,don't know if it makes a difference but i use pro you might want to visit Tweaktown Guides to tweak your conection settings but read carefully ,and if you dont know what your doing don't try it
            TweakTown has the most authoritative, unbiased technology, science, space, and gaming news and reviews. Trusted in North America and globally since 1999.

give that a go good luck.

Comment

thnx again.

Comment

Working...
              X