Brand new Z97 Killer Fatal1ty no POST, led for a second then off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new Z97 Killer Fatal1ty no POST, led for a second then off

Just received this MB in replacement of another that went bad. It is exhibiting the same issue. When you go to turn it on, the are LED (power and on the RAM (it had leds)) lights up for less than a second. The CPU, GPU, P/S Fans all spin for a second. Then, it turns off. It has never POSTed once. I tried everything (have been building systems for over 20 years) I can't get this board to do anything. I do not have another spare 1150 CPU sitting around, so, that is the only thing I haven't tried. I tried: swapping the P/S, taking out the ram so there is only one stick, unplugging everything except the CPU and GPU. Breadboarded the system, Tried even without the GPU (even though it's XEON with no graphics) No matter what I try, it is the same results. I have of course also tried CMOS reset, on BOTH bios chips. No dice. Everything just leads to powerup for less than a second with the led flashing then power off. Is there anything else you might think of that I can try, or is this MB DOA? Is there a way to rule out the CPU? Even though it is a XEON that is less than a year old, that is the only thing that has remained constant between switching MBs. The other MB was a repaired Gigabyte board, so that one not working isn't all that surprising. I have gone with ASRock boards ever since having issues with a few Gigabyte boards, and this is the first issue I've encountered.

XEON 1231
    Nvidia 750ti
    Crucial Ballistic 4X4GB
    Corsair P/S

Re: Brand new Z97 Killer Fatal1ty no POST, led for a second then off

Originally posted by lemjello View Post
    Just received this MB in replacement of another that went bad. It is exhibiting the same issue. When you go to turn it on, the are LED (power and on the RAM (it had leds)) lights up for less than a second. The CPU, GPU, P/S Fans all spin for a second. Then, it turns off. It has never POSTed once. I tried everything (have been building systems for over 20 years) I can't get this board to do anything. I do not have another spare 1150 CPU sitting around, so, that is the only thing I haven't tried. I tried: swapping the P/S, taking out the ram so there is only one stick, unplugging everything except the CPU and GPU. Breadboarded the system, Tried even without the GPU (even though it's XEON with no graphics) No matter what I try, it is the same results. I have of course also tried CMOS reset, on BOTH bios chips. No dice. Everything just leads to powerup for less than a second with the led flashing then power off. Is there anything else you might think of that I can try, or is this MB DOA? Is there a way to rule out the CPU? Even though it is a XEON that is less than a year old, that is the only thing that has remained constant between switching MBs. The other MB was a repaired Gigabyte board, so that one not working isn't all that surprising. I have gone with ASRock boards ever since having issues with a few Gigabyte boards, and this is the first issue I've encountered.

XEON 1231
    Nvidia 750ti
    Crucial Ballistic 4X4GB
    Corsair P/S
    Did you get this sorted? looking at your specs I would say you need a bigger PSU

Comment

Re: Brand new Z97 Killer Fatal1ty no POST, led for a second then off

I did. It was the CPU. That was a first for me. Intel replaced it.

Comment

Working...
      X