Bootable floppy in XP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bootable floppy in XP???

Is there a way to make a bootable floopy in XP?

EDIT: nevermind guys i found it :D
    - Damien

Don't get your hopes up.
    If I understand properly, that is nothing more than a disk which allows access to a command prompt.
    Not an XP boot disk, and not able to access an NTFS drive.
    Like I said, IF I understand correctly.
    (I've heard about this from several reliable sources(at least I think they are reliable.).)

For a real-life boot disk go to;

Get the Custom Install Disk there for XP. That disk is a single disk, the others are 6 disk sets from Microsoft.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

you can boot to a command prompt by running the recovery console after booting off an XP CD. or by booting off the Windows XP OEM Preinstallation Kit CD.

There are also some good recovery tools for recovering XP systems if you have the cash to spend. i.e. ERD Commander 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
        Don't get your hopes up.
        If I understand properly, that is nothing more than a disk which allows access to a command prompt.
        Not an XP boot disk, and not able to access an NTFS drive.
        Like I said, IF I understand correctly.
        (I've heard about this from several reliable sources(at least I think they are reliable.).)

For a real-life boot disk go to;

Get the Custom Install Disk there for XP. That disk is a single disk, the others are 6 disk sets from Microsoft.
        It did the job since all i used it for was to flash my bios...

I appreciate the link tho...those 6 disk sets are a pain in the pooper shooter!

Thx again for the link...:)

ERD is a great prog...great when you are choked up with no where else to go...
        - Damien

Comment

Working...
        X