Currently idle 33C After 3dmark Bench 45c
    Running at 933 FSB 133 It is still same
    Is this Normal
    Standard HSF
    PC133 Ram
    NB current ambient temp 30c
    Computer is rock solid
    Just Curios

I'm no expert, but I think 45C for a PIII is a little high, but not in dangerous territory ;)

Comment

A common value for system temperature specification is 35°C (95°F). A value for systems where air conditioning is not available and ambient temperatures are high is 40°C (104°F).

That's straight off this page at Intel

The P3and 4 reccomendations at intel for thermal managment involve measuring the temperature of the air entering the HSF at a location 0.3 inch above the center of the fan. According to them, if you can get that to hover at 30C -- your sitting pretty.

No worries dude, the thermal protection built into the PIII and P4 will shut down/scale back the CPU before any damage can be done.

I've been running at 100% CPU cycles 24/7 for months on a stock HSF with absolutely no problems:thumb:

If that PIII is made properly at the factory, you have nothing to fear except an unexpected lock-up if it gets too hot. (If you've ever used a Win9x OS -- you know how to cope with that):laugh:
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

you only have to fear killing other components in your system with the high fsb :D

Comment

lol

now who would have done that before :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
          TT Original

Comment

With the standard Intel HSF, those temperatures are nothing to worry about - relax :)
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

thanks to all replys
              I guess nothing to dramatic will occurr
              suggestions for Cpu cooling ?

Comment

Personally - I think your doing fine ATM.
                If you want to try a more aggresive OC, or if it would make you more comfortable, you could certainly try an aftermaket heatsink/fan.
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Yeah good luck! Your doing quite fine!

Comment

Originally posted by [size=7
                    tooheys[/size]]
                    thanks to all replys
                    I guess nothing to dramatic will occurr
                    suggestions for Cpu cooling ?
                    Get ya self a FOP32 and lap the bottom of it and that should help ya keep the temp down a bit more. ;)
                    <center> </center>

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo

Get ya self a FOP32 and lap the bottom of it and that should help ya keep the temp down a bit more. ;)
                      <center> </center>

Actually Wiggo, the FOP32 isn't that much more effective than the standard Pentium III fan - the one included with my 1GHz processor was very beefy indeed ;)
                      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

what was that about me?!? :D

Comment

Originally posted by [size=7
                          Albinus[/size]]
                          Actually Wiggo, the FOP32 isn't that much more effective than the standard Pentium III fan - the one included with my 1GHz processor was very beefy indeed ;)
                          And here ya use to love your's but then just step up to a FOP38 or go and get a good Athlon HSF and that will certainly cool it. ;)
                          I'm not to sure about Beefy bein' any good at keepin' it cool though. :laugh:
                          <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                          X