Problem With Xp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Xp

Did U install programs like Power-DVD plus utils from that cd - If so then go to controlpanel and remove them - their know to give that problem - sometimes some copy of Nero and CD-creator also can give that problem - try to start with a clean HD (formattet) and install XP - then see if your drives still are missing - if not then install drivers for sound, etc - if using VIA and Nvidia - then get the lastest driver from the net

Now you should have no problem with cd/dvd-drives - if not then U can try to install driver/programs like Power-DVD - if you still can se your drives continue - If you loosing contact with your drive - then roll-back and remove the latest installed program

Comment

Before ya do that just got into the Device Manager and if the controller for that IDE channel is still showing then remove it and reboot. This should reload the drivers again for it and things maybe fine. This is a common prob with XP and usually happens when errors are being received by the os from the drive/s involved and it will just drop them. This maybe a conflict by the two drives with each other and CDRW's like bein' the master of there channel but in slave mode can do this. Check the IDE cable for any damage as well and if ya have one of those IDE cables longer than 18" then swap it for an 18" one. This may not be a prob but this is the first place that I'd look at. ;)
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Here is an MS Knowledge base article which should help you fix that problem. Note the article refers to a generic problem after uninstalling Easy CD creator, but the solution pretty much fixes almost all instances of missing/undetected/non-working CD/DVD Roms in WinXP.

Give it a try and tell us how you go.
        My Machine

Comment

Thanks for all answers.
          I made format c: and everything its ok.

Comment

format is a powerful tool that will fix almost anything. :D

Comment

Working...
            X