ASUS RT-AC88U problems switching internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS RT-AC88U problems switching internet

i am running a AC88U With two internet conections one my normal ethernet conection (sat internet) and one from a tethered andoid phone..
    can someone explain why i cannot just turn off internet on one and use other in the Asuswrt software (it's the same in Asus software as well) the only way i can get it to kick to the tethered conection it to pull the ethernet wan cable but when i have finished and want to switch back i have to reboot the my sat internet router to get it to reconect again. it is set as ethernet is primary conexion and android phone as secondry. as i use ethernet more. But is same eitherway i try it.. they all work well but the switching between is a nightmare..
    any help would be apreciated i bought the AC88U with this in mind..and i wanted the 8 ports..
    I am going to try with another router as well that has sim inside router coming tomorrow to see if that will work any better it's a ASUS 4G-AC68U

Re: ASUS RT-AC88U problems switching internet

yep it's the same work well as a 4g LTE router but you cannot switch from one to the other ata ll without big problems and reboot or changing settings is a huge amount of time over 3 min's. bit pathetic surley there must be some way of being able to do it. all i want to do is switch from my eithernet internet to my 4g lte when i need to,,,
    does anyone know how to do this easily?????

yep it's the same work well as a 4g LTE router but you cannot switch from one to the other ata ll without big problems and reboot or changing settings is a huge amount of time over 3 min's. bit pathetic surley there must be some way of being able to do it. all i want to do is switch from my eithernet internet to my 4g lte when i need to,,,

Comment

Working...
    X