Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

Hi all. I have an X570 Gaming X mobo with a Ryzen 3700x. The mobo came with Bios F2 which i updated to F3 then F4j, when Bios F4 was released i installed that but all the USB's initialised from post, then they switched off and the system just hung with the Windoze 10 thing circling around and nothing else. I re-installed Bios F4j and the system booted up to desktop, the same when i tried F3. Now that Bios F5a is released i tried that but again it failed after initialising the USB's, i also noticed that the X570 chipset fan stopped working. Has anyone else with a Gaming X mobo managed to install either F4 or F5a?

I've tried installing the new Bios through the white usb port at the rear, a normal usb port at the front (F3 and F4j install without problems). I even used the @Bios utility with bios's i downloaded from the Gigabyte site (not through @Bios) but still F4 and F5a do not work. Any help please.

Regards

Re: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

F3 works? Use it, why seek adventures?

Comment

Hi. It's more of why an updated Bios does not work when it's supposed to. Is it a fault with the board or a fault with an official Bios for the board. Is it something Gigabyte should rectify, or should i just except that any Bios officially released for my mobo, may or may not work, if that's the official line from Gigabyte then i would have to except it, but it isn't. It shouldn't matter whether my mobo is cheap or expensive, if there is a problem with the Bios that they have officially released, i should have reasonable expectations that that Bios should function for the mobo it is designed for. If there was no reason to update the Bios, and as you said, if i'm happy with F3 then stick with it, but officially released Bios's have a purpose which correct any errors in previously released Bios's. I do except that it's dangerous to flash a Bios and the onus is on the user, but if i can successfully flash F3 and F4j all day long without problems, then i am sure it's not something i'm doing in error.

Thanks for your kind reply

Regards

Comment

Hi. I received a message from Gigabyte to say they will br releasing a new Bios shortly.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by saiyuki View Post
          Hi all. I have an X570 Gaming X mobo with a Ryzen 3700x. The mobo came with Bios F2 which i updated to F3 then F4j, when Bios F4 was released i installed that but all the USB's initialised from post, then they switched off and the system just hung with the Windoze 10 thing circling around and nothing else. I re-installed Bios F4j and the system booted up to desktop, the same when i tried F3. Now that Bios F5a is released i tried that but again it failed after initialising the USB's, i also noticed that the X570 chipset fan stopped working. Has anyone else with a Gaming X mobo managed to install either F4 or F5a?

I've tried installing the new Bios through the white usb port at the rear, a normal usb port at the front (F3 and F4j install without problems). I even used the @Bios utility with bios's i downloaded from the Gigabyte site (not through @Bios) but still F4 and F5a do not work. Any help please.

Regards
          You have the same board and cpu as me,you have done the same steps,and have the same problem as me,I'm still on f3,I found out from another forum that because of the changes in the new bios you have to reset the cmos after flashing with the newer bios,I haven't done it with f5a because I'm waiting for a non beta bios,one without the letter after the number.

Comment

Originally posted by saiyuki View Post

Regards
            clear the cmos after the bios flash.

Comment

Well i cleared the cmos after updating to f5b,loaded optimized defaults,checked to see if i had the right boot order,but it still wont post,all i get is spinning progress circle for ages,but if i flash it back to f3 it boots up and posts to windows without any problems,I'm at a lose why i can't update my bios past the f3 bios.

Comment

I flashed the new F10a bios for X570 Gaming X,restarted then turned off,pulled power cable out,held power button to drain,cleared CMOS, restarted and loaded default settings and changed some settings as i had them for F3,restarted and windows wouldn't post,it just sits on bios boot screen with spinning progress indicator for ages,turned off and restarted,entering bios to check settings,restart to windows and got repair startup with spinning indicator for so long that i just powered it off,put USB in with F3 and flashed that,when i entered bios after restart i loaded default settings,saved and restarted and windows booted up straight away,so it looks like I'm stuck on F3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauldamo View Post
                  I flashed the new F10a bios for X570 Gaming X,restarted then turned off,pulled power cable out,held power button to drain,cleared CMOS, restarted and loaded default settings and changed some settings as i had them for F3,restarted and windows wouldn't post,it just sits on bios boot screen with spinning progress indicator for ages,turned off and restarted,entering bios to check settings,restart to windows and got repair startup with spinning indicator for so long that i just powered it off,put USB in with F3 and flashed that,when i entered bios after restart i loaded default settings,saved and restarted and windows booted up straight away,so it looks like I'm stuck on F3.
                  ust an update - i had another go at flashing F10a,got the constant spinning progress on bios boot screen trying to post to windows,restarted and got the repair notice at the bios screen, after that i just selected to restart and to my surprise it booted to windows,went back into bios settings for fast/secure boot and it did the forever spinning progress on bios boot screen again,went through the repair and startup and it posted to windows,I'm not touching anything else,i have XMP to profile 1,that gives me 3600Mhz,fast/secure boot,and csm disable and that's it.

Comment

I put a ticket into gigabyte and this is the reply i got back*

Hi Sir

We cannot duplicate the problem as you mentioned after testing for several days.

We're not sure if there is any other app or other causing the problem.

If you don't mind, you may use F3 bios with current OS or update to latest bios and reinstall Win10 to use.

Sorry about that.
                    I donlt understand what app they are taliking about,it is a new build,but after trying f10c it wouldn't post to windows,but f3 does.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauldamo View Post
                      I donlt understand what app they are taliking about,it is a new build,but after trying f10c it wouldn't post to windows,but f3 does.
                      They mean anything you may have installed, from hardware drivers/apps or others.
                      Do they know your exact hardware configuration?

Comment

Yes they know the hardware,all i have is the SSD HD with windows on it connected by sata with ACHI,memory,keyboard and mouse as hardware,i have removed all the other drives ,the same hardware as with the f3 bios,and windows starts by it's self,it's a clean install,i have no apps or programs starting,i use the same settings as f3,which boots straight away with csm enabled or disabled,with f3 i can load optimized defaults,disable csm,enable fast boot,secure boot and xmp profile 1 and it will post to windows straight away, but the newer bios wont post even if i change the settings one by one,I wonder if there are different default settings between f3 and f10c that i should know about.oh and yes i do clear the CMOS and it shows it has been cleared when i enter bios.New f10 bios out,thought this would be the one that worked,at lest with this bios i don't get a black screen with cursor when it is supposed to switch to the startup options, but i still just get the continuous spinning circle of dots on the bios boot screen when i select just start,and after a startup repair,reflash f3, set all my settings and it boots in a few seconds.
                        Last edited by Pauldamo; 11-22-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I don't get it, how you change setting if it does not post?
                          Disconnect everything (and that mean everything including mouse and keyboard)
                          Does it post?
                          If yes, add parts one by one, keyboard, then mouse than ssd, and find which one is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
                            I don't get it, how you change setting if it does not post?
                            Disconnect everything (and that mean everything including mouse and keyboard)
                            Does it post?
                            If yes, add parts one by one, keyboard, then mouse than ssd, and find which one is it.
                            when i say it doesn't post,i mean to windows,i can obviously get into the bios,as i said i am changing settings to defaults and such,i don't see it posting to windows if i have no ssd,as that is where windows is installed.After the startup repair it is supposed to switch to diagnosing your computer and the blue startup options screen but it only goes to a black screen with a cursor i can move,it's as if there is no video out,i have the gigabyte geforce rtx 2060 winforce 6g oc in pcie 1. I was hoping F10 was the one that would work,but it doesn't matter what i do i still get the spinning circle of dots on the bios bootscreen that just spin for ages,when i flash with F3 and restart, the spinning circle does 1 1/2 rotations than it boots into windows nearly straight away..
                            Last edited by Pauldamo; 11-23-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Post is post, you cannot load/start windows tha is a different issue.
                              Did you try clean install after flashing latest bios?

Comment

Working...
                              X