Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB 2.0 = 1 big joke

Well i have had it with USB 2.0
    I got myself the new motion combo converter. Allows me to connect any IDE device to the USB or Firewire port on my PC.

Firewire works without a problem, USB is so far gone its not funny. Its USB 2.0 certified. I connect it to every PC i have that runs a USB 2.0 native controller or addon card and I get "Hi Speed USB Device connected to non-Hi Speed USB hub"

I have tried VIA VT6206, NEC, VIA VT8235 Southbridge, SiS 963, Intel ICH4 and none of them will go into USB 2.0 mode

I have 4 UBS devices under the device manager

3 USB controllers and a Enhanced USB controller

it all shows up as in the green, as soon as USB 2.0 devices are connected, it just gives me that message and nothing i do will fix it

driver updates, swapping mobo's and chipsets, swapping devices.

USB 2.0 is a dud

connect the usb 2 first..lol

Comment

What do yoiu mean by this?

i have connected the device to all 4 of the USB ports on the board, it still comes up with the same problem

it reports that its not on a USB 2.0 hub

Comment

I think it's fairly safe to say that if Sovereign can't get it to work then most people won't be able to get it to work, so someone screwed up somewhere in designing USB2.0.
        My Machine

Comment

I'm not that good Persian

Its just that i have 4 USB ports on my PC

no more no less

i have 3 USB controllers under Device manager, 2 are VIA Rev 5 USB controller and 1 VIA Enhanced USB 2.0 controller

2 USB Root Hubs and 1 USB 2.0 Root Hub

I plut the USB 2.0 device into any of the 4 ports, the system reports them on the non-USB 2.0 hubs, how in the hell do i get it to run USB 2.0

Comment

Forgive my dumbass question, and you may have tried this, but is this a situation where the you could disable the non-USB 2.0 hub in device manager, plug in the USB 2.0 device only and see if that works?
            My Machine

Comment

Yeah i tried disabeling the USB 1.1 hubs and connecting the device

it doesn't register when they are disabled

My USB mouse stops working, all usb devices stop and thats it

USB 2.0 hub and controller say they are there, just 4 ports, no USB devices

Comment

Working...
              X