Im working on a new computer project and need some recomenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im working on a new computer project and need some recomenda

Im building my own computer soon(12 weeks max) and need some recomendations for parts. The only things im firm and wont budge on buying are: Radeon 9700 vid card, Audigy 2 sound card, pentium 4 at 2.8 ghz processor, a western digital HDD at 7200rpms and 80 gigs, and my case. I still need a mobo, a powersourse, cd-rom drive, dvd drive and cd-rw(would be nice for a drive combo.) I may have left something out but im not sure. this is a gonna be a gaming computer. Prolly 512 memory. Case specs as follows
    x4 5.25" Drive Bays
    x6 3.5" Drive Bays (2 external, 4 internal)
    QUADRUPLE! 4 FAN SYSTEM! x2 80mm case fans (One Inside Front Panel AND One on the Window), 1 60mm fan installed on the back, 1 Suction Fan System.
    Anodized Aluminum finish (Front Panel is ABS Plastics With Aluminum Inserts)
    Thumbscrews on both side panels, top panel riveted.
    Fits standard sized motherboards 12"x11" wide.
    This case includes 2 Front USB Ports, Sound and Audio Jacks!
    Power suppy optional
    Materials: Aluminum structure with Anodic treatment anti-dust & fingerprint.
    Surface finished:Clear shining coating scrapes damage protecting.
    Drive Bay: 5.25"x 4(open) 3.5"x2(open) 3.5x1(hidden).
    Expansion Slots x7 with Roll-let screws easy to turn off no screwdriver needed.
    Dimension: 490mm(D)x210(W)x445(H).
    the four fans are included.
    I may upgrade to water cooled l8er so any thoughts on that would be nice.
    also has a Q-Window mod.
    i dont wanna spend anymore than $150 on the mobo($120 would be nice.
    heres a link if you need to see the case: http://www.electroseller.com/Merchan...ory_Code=00041

well i was just looking around and was wondering should i go dual amd processors with an amd board or stay single pentium if amd what chips and what board? board must be dual as amd cannot reach speeds of pentium chips and im not willing to overclock.

Thanks for your time

Comment

dont go duel prosssor,it will cost u a lot more. since u said ur computer is for gaming,i would suggest this rig that is less than 2500 dollars canandian

athlon 2400+

gigabytes

512 mb ddr ram

western digital 80gb with 8mb cache

radeon video card

augigy sound gamers

case-ur chose

5 fans sems good

Comment

opps,i meant a gigabytes mobo,they ar cheap and very good for gaming,

also i wont recomend water cooling,is expensive,and H2o dont match with electricty! deadly match :flames:

Comment

Well 2.8ghz processor it is with gigabyte mobo then. All i need is a good powersource and my drives.

:cheers:

Comment

Check out the Antec True Power series. With all that gear I'd look at the 480W p/s.

Comment

Hmm well i think im gonna use a few components out of my current computer as they r what i am looking for. Like my power supply and certain small things maybe the cd-rw and cd-rom drive they arent that old and work pretty well. Ill buy the case soon and take a picture and show u guys my before and after pic!

Comment

Working...
              X