problem installing video card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem installing video card

My friend is trying to install a Geforce2 64MB vid card in his system that he got (kinda out-dated - 666Mhz 128MB 20GB, etc), but the problem was that the original card was one of the on-board agp cards. Plus, his motherboard has no extra AGP slot, therefor, he had to get a PCI version of the card (that's why it's only a Geforce2!). The card fits and everything, but when the computer turns on, it gives 10 beeps and then just hangs, we are currently trying updating the bios but i'm not so sure that it will do the trick. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanx

This is a good page to bookmark, http://www.pcmech.com/troubleshoot.htm, and from the 1st link in that guide has some news which doesn't sound so good at all. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

That's interesting, but i don't think that the chips need to be replaced since if we take the PCI vid card out, then everything runs fine again with the default on-board card.

Comment

Ok then that sheds some more light on it then. :)

Is there somewhere in the BIOS or on the mobo itself a jumper/dip switch to disable the onboard video? :?:

But sadly some mobo's w/ onboard video will not work with another video card installed (or in some cases a certain type/brand/chipset which can be listed in the mobo manual or on the website for that mobo) though ya best set would be to go thru the manual again to see if there are any references to any of this. : peace2:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

we'll go back again and check, thanx

Comment

Working...
          X