L2 cache not enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 cache not enabled

I ran a test on PCPITSTOP and my L2 cache was not enabled or not functioning properly. It suggested to enable my L2 cache within the bios. However, there was not a setting for this in the BIOS and I there is not a jumper setting for this as well. I also updated to the latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers. Could this be a faulty processor or motherboard? Is there other test or settings that can be done to correct this?

1.2 AMD Athlon Thunderbird
    256 DDR RAM
    7200 Radeon
    Gigabyte KT133 MB

angryfire

I'm not familiar with PCPitStop, but I would tend not to believe the results of that particular benchmark - having your L2 disabled would seriously affect the performance of your PC.

I think the latest version of Sandra will tell you that your L2 is working

.....not really sure what this has to do with video cards

Comment

I did not mean to post this here. I didn't realize I was in the vidao card forum.

Comment

haha if it was disabled, your windows would take years to start up =P

Comment

Some of these applications work fine on a lot of setups but even one's like Sandra and 3D/PCMark can misreport some systems so I'd double check with 1 or 2 other programs first before panickin'. ;)

Comment

i used to have the same problem with some of my older computers when i ran p.c pitstop.It didn't seem to affect the performance and i couldn't find the option in the bios either.The only problem i can see is a lower score sorry i can't help further i could never find the problem.Nver had the problem with my new computer:laugh: :flames: :devil win

Comment

Working...
            X