Applying Comptuer Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Comptuer Settings

Ok here's the stats on the computer 800mhz 256Ram, Windows XP Pro, on a Novell 6 network using the latest novell client. After the windows xp splash screen it says applying computer settings it takes a good 90 seconds to get past this screen, what is up with that? Is there any way to speed this up? I'm about to take a hammer to these dang thigns :hammer:

I can't give ya an answer but if ya don't get one here today then I'll more ya over to the networkin' forum where ya may fare better with that Novell twist added. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It sounds like your computer is timing out while trying to identify/connect to a particular device or service. try my XP Guide in the first instance, but also make sure all the devices are correctly set up and working as 90 seconds is way too long for startup.
      My Machine

Comment

After playing with it for a few hours I've come to the conculsion that it is a service with Novell called Remote Management. Now why it's doing this i dunno yet, but i'm experimenting with some patches and fixes etc. Thanks for the reply's.

Comment

Working...
        X