Good cheap RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cheap RAM?

I'm gonna be ordering my brother parts for a computer I'm building him and he wants pretty much the exact same thing I have but NewEgg doesn't have the Samsung PC2700 RAM in stock so is Crucial RAM about the same quality? I know samsung isn't the best RAM in the world but it fits the budget. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!

Go with the Crucial. ;)

Comment

I have been using Crucial memory for several years now and have yet to have a bad stick. It is reasonably priced, very reliable and also overclocks very well. So far it has been a very good deal for me. :)
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

cool thanks - i'll go wit Crucial. My bro's goin from a Pentium 233 or 266MHz (not even a pentium II) to a AMD XP2400+ haha and he wants to overclock it so i think he's goin to be mighty surprised at how fast computers can be...

Comment

That I can bet he will. :devil win

Comment

Crucial is very nice, you wont be sorry.

Comment

Is it better to go with 2 x 256MB or 1 x 512MB?

Comment

I think it's better to go with 1x512Mb, so you can put some more in later if you want, but you should check your motherboards manual just to confirm that it supports them before you buy it (I would of thought so, but just to make sure).

Unless it's cheaper to get two 256Mb sticks than a 512Mb stick, and you're on a -VERY- tight budget, then I suggest one stick of 512Mb Ram. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by orion
                  Is it better to go with 2 x 256MB or 1 x 512MB?
                  If you have a motherboard that supports dual channel DDR (such as the nForce2 based boards), then you'll want a pair of matched memory modules. Otherwise I would go with a single stick to allow for greater upgrading potential in the future. :)
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

I have been using Crucial RAM on and off for around two years as well with no problems.
                    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                    X