Question about Volcano9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Volcano9

Does the Volcano 9 come with thermal paste? I have seen in reviews that the 7+ does but haven't seen it in the 9 reviews.

If ya get the 9 then don't tell me about how bad it is later as I won't be listenin'. :p
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

It shouldn't matter if a cooler comes with a thermal paste since as a rule, it will do nothing more than keep your processor from frying instantly. Do yourself a favor and get something decent. After all, you spend good money on a processor, so don't bork it by going cheap on the cooling accessories.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

wiggo, there is nothing wrong with the volcano 9....I have it and I'm happy with it. it seems that you are in love with the v7+...it's not the only decent cooler out there.

The v9 comes with a sperate tube of white goop...don't use it, try artic silver 3 for good results.

Comment

Sorry but I just like to let ppl know that the 7+ cools about 3C cooler and with less noise than the 9 as most will think that the bigger number means better coolin' which in this case is totally wrong. The Volcano 11 is another thing as it's the upgrade to the 7+ where as the 9 is the upgraded version of the 7. The fact is that the 7+ should have been called something else and that would stop this confussion. : peace2:

Comment

true, if I was going to be getting a new hsf, I would probably get the v11

Comment

That's quite ok by me but for mine and a lot of other ppl those SMART FAN II's are just too noisey for our ears.

Comment

the other 5 fans drown it out...I can't tell it's running, but i don't run it at full speed either

Comment

I find that the SMART FAN II @ 3000rpm drowns out the noise of the 7+ on full speed. That is why the 3 are comin' out of Thunder's case durin' it's soon to be done rebuild and 36cfm ones will go in. ;)

Comment

but those smart fan II's push a fell of a lot of air

Comment

That's very true. :thumb:

The sad thing is that after 2 of them are on in my case @ 3200rpm my temps actually start to rise. :eek:

The other two cases just have 36cfm fans in them and heat doesn't bother them but I have probs at times keepin' Thunder cool (obviously the air ain't stayin' in the case long enough to pick up the heat). Both others both just hum along and don't scream at me (the missus is there for that). ;)

Yes it was total overkill.

My ears will be much happier as well. :smokin:

Comment

then i guess you wont be picking up the v11 anytime soon

Comment

Unless someone wants one in their's I'll just stick to 7+'s in the PC's I build (my customers are happy as well). ;)

Comment

The thing I like about the 9 is the sensor which automatically controls the fan in small segements

Comment

Well the Volcano 11 has that plus it has the all copper 7+ heatsink. :devil win

Comment

Working...
                              X